Retailer, Distributor, and Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service. Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Retail Store Manager drives the retail store business and customer experience to achieve established goals through hands-on leadership and contributions. The Store Manager is the Caliva ambassador in the community and is accountable to drive brand awareness and initiatives in and outside of the 4-walls. You will be responsible for leading all aspects of the retail business including team hiring & development, operations, visual merchandising, selling, and customer service. The Retail Store Manager plans and directs the day-to-day activities and develops strategies to elevate the customer experience, achieve all store goals, and drive profitability.
What You’ll Do
- Recruit, hire, train, and maintain a team of industry-passionate and customer service focused employees by being their role model.
- Achieve established store goals through strategic and effective initiatives centered around providing an unparalleled customer experience.
- Maintain leadership of all store KPIs: oversee the daily sales ledger, shift logs, tracking and reporting.
- Maintain and deliver strong communication with the Retail Leadership Team across stores and corporate roles as well as with other cross-functional business partners.
- Provide support to the Retail Delivery Team as needed.
- Ensure a profitable store by working within the parameters of established store budgets which includes payroll management.
- Create strategic action plans for business opportunities and capitalize on proven successes.
- Proactively recommend new and improved processes for all operating procedures.
- Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings and facilitate training sessions.
- Promote positive employee morale by creating an enjoyable, challenging, and rewarding work environment.
- Drive new and repeat customer visits by creating a customer experience that is centered around product knowledge and education and high service standards.
- Consistently forecast the business and develop product, visual, and selling strategies.
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking.
What You Have
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis industry and related vocabulary is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of retail store management experience with proven success of achieving goals.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and frequently use hand and finger motions and reach with hands and arms.
- May have to lift up to 50 pounds, some squatting, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting at the waist.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must pass a background check including other requirements that may be city mandated.
What You’ll Get
- Pre-IPO Stock Options
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO