Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva's brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Retail Restock Specialist is focused on ensuring the sales floor and stockroom inventory control standard operating procedures are flawlessly executed and that high standards are upheld in receiving new products, replenishment, and stock organization. In this role you may interact with customers throughout the day and thus will be expected to provide excellent customer service while completing daily tasks. What You'll Do
What You Have
- Be the first point of contact for the Inventory Control team and foster a strong working relationship with all IC employees
- Obtain new receipts from IC and ensure all products are represented on the sales floor and that backstock is set up in the stockroom appropriately
- Replenish all inventory stations on the sales floor throughout the day to ensure optimal stock levels are always maintained
- Ensure an understanding of and carry out FIFO best practices
- Accountable for maintaining excellent cleanliness and organization of the stockroom(s), displays, and sales floor inventory areas
- Communicate any menu discrepancies to retail management and IC team
- Assist the IC team with various inventory related tasks including cycle counts
- Demonstrate excellent customer service by creating a welcoming environment and remaining customer focused at all times
- Communicate effectively with all store employees and ask for assistance when needed
- Stay informed of daily store goals and KPIs and commit to making a positive contribution
- Remain educated on new and existing products offered
- Maintain professionalism in your appearance, attitude, and written and verbal communication
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values - Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and Truth Seeking.
- Minimum 2 years working in retail environment/finished goods.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with various software and databases.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Cannabis experience a plus but not required.
- Retail: This position will work in an indoor facility with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, and working in close proximity with customers and staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Some lifting, squatting, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time. Caliva is an equal opportunity employer.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department.