Retailer, Distributor, and Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
You will be responsible for overseeing various operational aspects of the business, including, but not limited to, processes that enhance the customer experience, delivery operations, inventory control procedures, supply procurement, back and front of house organization, tracking and driving KPIs and sales goals. Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills are a must.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and manage facilities/maintenance issues and follow up with the appropriate contacts and departments.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the delivery business and delivery team.
- Manage the receiving and QC process for all inbound product deliveries.
- Create, implement, and manage restock processes that include both sales floor and backstock organization, stock level maintenance, and FIFO best practices.
- Contribute to and help define Caliva processes and best practices for existing and future store growth.
- Manage all processes for POS controls, employee accountability, and reconciliation audits within the delivery department.
- Manage the supply ordering process and work with appropriate departments on purchase requisitions.
- Serve as a proactive role model, mentor and coach for the team.
- Operate as an effective leader at all times and demonstrate strong sales floor presence when needed.
- Inspire and influence: lead by example at all times and drive positive results by building an excellent customer and team experience.
- Oversee the daily sales ledger, shift logs, and KPI tracking and reporting.
- Proactively meet established sales goals and other KPIs and hold the team accountable to drive positive results.
- Collaborate with the other Department Managers to drive strategy and achieve goals.
- Participate in leadership meetings by presenting department updates, identifying opportunities, providing solutions, and offering feedback.
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Entry-level knowledge of the cannabis industry and related vocabulary is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of retail store management experience with proven success of achieving goals.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and frequently use hand and finger motions and reach with hands and arms.
- May have to lift up to 50 pounds, some squatting, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting at the waist.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must pass a background check including other requirements that may be city-mandated.
What You’ll Get
- Pre-IPO Stock Options
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO