Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva's brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Production Manager is responsible for the successful day to day execution of the production plan for all Packaging and Labeling Operations. You will provide leadership in building and maintaining a highly effective and engaged team in production for finished products. The Production Manager will monitor and effectively manage the key performance indicators across all pillars of safety, quality, cost, and service. What You'll Do
What You Have
- Support evaluation and strategy for new production capabilities and product launches.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop new product quality controls and standards.
- Record and maintain required production data for all manufacturing locations to ensure accuracy within our ERP system for compliance, costing, and quality assurance.
- Drive team efficiency to reduce direct labor costs & materials over-consumption.
- Identify and lead initiatives to drive improved safety, quality, throughput and cost performance.
- Meet with third-party vendors and cross-functional leaders to review and resolve quality issues.
- Maintain and enforce all production SOP's to ensure consistency throughout department to ensure Regulatory and Safety requirements are upheld.
- Establish and enforce quality standards for testing on products including raw materials and packaging.
- Assist with building and maintaining an effective training plan for all team members.
- Coach and lead the production team to actively engage workforce to deliver exceptional results through creating a positive and rewarding work environment.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement across the entire team and all facets of production, including performing employee performance reviews.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in manufacturing operations or related field (Preferably in CPG, cannabis manufacturing, or food/beverage).
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of METRC and/ or ERP systems preferred.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office and comfortability with various softwares and databases.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating manufacturing or production sites.
- Proven leadership and people management experience; ability to lead diverse teams in a fast pace, dynamic environment.
- Can provide direction and on-site leadership across multiple locations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Capable of working autonomously or with little direction.
- Innovative and willing to take on tasks that require creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and time manage.
- Experience working in fast-paced work environment and able to adapt to demands of competing work priorities.
- Proven leadership and people management experience.
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis related vocabulary and products preferred but not required.
- This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and working in close proximity with staff and vendors.
- This job operates routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, and filing cabinets.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations; travel may be required to different locations.
- This role will require on-site/ in-office presence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Some lifting, squatting, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time. The Parent Company, US Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Required to have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving history. Must have own transportation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department.