Retailer, Distributor, and Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
A Packaging Associate is responsible for packaging, sealing and labeling cannabis flower and cannabis products.
What You'll Do
- Accurate weighing of cannabis in various increments from grams to ounces.
- Accurately placing weighed product into proper childproof bags or containers.
- Correctly sealing and labeling all packages.
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to do data entry into Track and Trace system & other department documents once properly trained.
- Good communication skills needed.
- Ability to quickly assemble secondary and tertiary package elements such as branded inserts, boxes, etc., for cannabis products.
- Ability to operate basic machinery like band sealers, hand scales, etc.
- Detail oriented & capable of performing quality control checks on finished goods (sticker placement, package integrity, etc.)
- Flexibility needed in daily activities such as helping other departments and frequent rotation through product types.
What You Have
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be responsible and dependable.
- Must have excellent follow-up and tracking skills.
- Independent worker able to plan and prioritize workflow.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some cannabis experience preferred.
This position will work in an indoor environment with a controlled temperature, may be exposed to bright lighting and loud equipment and may have to work overtime, weekends and 2nd shift as needed. Ability to travel to other locations.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers, some lifting, squatting, bending, some pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must pass a background check with the San Jose Police Department.