Caliva is the California market leader in cannabis products as well as the #1 ranked dispensary in the U.S. in 2017. Caliva's brick and mortal retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service. With a significant amount of newly acquired funding and explosive traction in the market, Caliva is building a world-class executive team to expand our retail presence far beyond California as we become the most trusted source in this rapidly evolving, brand new, regulated industry.
The Gardner position is responsible for assisting in the day to day activities in the cultivation division. What You'll Do
What You Have
- Assist in cloning, transplanting, watering, pruning, transporting, trellising, and Integrated Pest Management for all cannabis crops.
- Monitor plants for changes in growth, health, etc.
- Practice proper sanitation techniques and ensure the cleanliness of the garden rooms.
- Perform Track & Trace functions and keep accurate records of plant movement and culling.
- Attend departmental meetings as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values - Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Provide adequate levels of support to cultivation division and other divisions as requested.
- Must be detail oriented and take direction well.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team.
- At least entry-level knowledge of marijuana and related vocabulary and products offered is a plus.
- Must be reliable and dependable with good work ethic.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in using cannabis or gardening a plus.
This position will work in an indoor gardening environment with a controlled temperature, may be exposed to bright lighting and loud equipment, and may have to work overtime and weekends as needed. Job Requirements
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time. Caliva is an equal opportunity employer.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers for data entry for 8 hours or more, some lifting, squatting, bending, some pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers for pruning, cutting plants.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the San Jose Police Department.