Retailer, Distributor, and Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service. Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
S/he will also operate as a Caliva ambassador to the community and is accountable to drive brand awareness and initiatives in and outside of the 4-walls. The Floor Supervisor - Selling is responsible for leading, coaching, and developing a high performing team of Sales Associates that meets and exceeds established sales goals. S/he is accountable for maintaining a strong presence on the sales floor to inspire and lead by example for the team.
What You’ll Do
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking
- Serve as a proactive role model, mentor and coach for the team
- Support the development of the Sales Associates by implementing training programs and conducting routine touch bases
- Liaise between vendors and corporate team as necessary to support partnership programs
- Create and implement selling strategies including contests that will motivate the team to achieve goals and support a high morale
- Lead training and development, including corrective action as needed, for all direct reports
- Manage the samples and reviews process and communicate feedback to the proper stakeholders
- Operate as an effective leader at all times and demonstrate strong sales floor presence
- Inspire and influence: lead by example at all times and drive positive results by building an excellent customer and team experience
- Oversee the daily sales ledger, shift logs, and KPI tracking and reporting
- Proactively meet set sales goals and other KPIs and hold the team accountable to do the same
- Collaborate with the other store leaders to drive strategy and achieve goals
- Participate in leadership meetings by presenting department updates, identifying opportunities, providing solutions, and offering feedback
What You Have
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
- Familiarity with medical cannabis strains, products and effects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis products and related vocabulary is preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- may have to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must pass a background check including other requirements that may be city-mandated.