An Edibles Specialist is responsible for a variety of tasks related to the manufacturing, packaging, and production of cannabis edible products. They will work as part of a cohesive team to ensure all quality, safety, compliance, and efficiency standards are met across the entire manufacturing process on a daily basis. As part of the larger Operations team, they may be asked to support other aspects of the Operations as business needs dictate.Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements and Qualifications
- Closely follow all SOPs to support the production of edibles such as gummies and mints
- Ensure high accuracy in the packaging, labeling, and case packing of product into final consumer packaged goods.
- Maintaining highest level of food safety by cleaning and disinfecting food manufacturing area and all food preparation tools/equipment before and after each use.
- Work effectively as part of a larger team with excellent communication.
- Detail oriented and capable of performing quality control checks throughout the edibles production process.
- Flexibility needed in daily activities such as helping other departments and frequent rotation through product types.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to work in California
- California Food Handler's Certificate
- Must maintain high level of personal hygiene
- Must pass a background check with SJPD
- Ability to work 2nd shift and/or required overtime as needed.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Able to follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
This role requires working in facilities and on the production floor with controlled temperatures, exposure to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, and frequent interaction with machinery.Physical requirements
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for a majority of their work schedule
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed
- Must remain focused at all times to work safely around machinery.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.