Retailer, Distributor, and Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
S/he works with passionate and driven team members to produce features that solve complex technological problems that align with the business’s overall goals and objectives. The DevOps Engineer helps build and manage infrastructure projects and processes.
What You'll Do
- Embraces and demonstrates alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking
- Manages cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborates with the development team to troubleshoot any production issues
- Coordinates with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Works with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures and data security.
- Optimizes current digital-based computing cloud architecture
- Develops with a mindset for scalability and reuse.
- Researches and implements new technologies
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
What You Have
- Ability to work in a team environment and bring a positive, can-do, attitude
- Proficient with cloud services, experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform) is preferred
- Experience working with a Microservice architecture, experience with Kubernetes is preferred
- Required frameworks: Google Cloud Platform (GCP); Kubernetes; Nginx/Ingress; Agile Workflow Methodologies; Gitflow; Node.js; Github; Codeship
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in developing and managing development and operation based systems
- 3+ years of programming experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers for data entry for 8 hours or more, some lifting, squatting, bending, some pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed and travel to other locations.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must comply with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry
- Must pass a background check with local police department