Retailer, Distributor, and Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
This role will include, but not limited to the maintenance of accurate records, files and processing of payments.
What You'll Do
- Embraces and demonstrates alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking.
- Engages directly and maintains positive working relationships with a large volume of wholesale customers.
- Verifies and prepares invoices, bank deposits and performs reconciliation of AR accounts while maintaining various AR files and following up on the collection and allocation of payments.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by accurately posting account transactions.
- Sorts and posts incoming customer checks and credit card transactions, accounts for numerous cash transactions, prepares daily cash reports, posts credit memos, assists with client dispute resolution and processes adjustments.
- Organizes the customer-issued checks to facilitate timely deposits and posts to customer accounts using the Company's ERP system.
- Responsible for collection calls to ensure compliance with commitments made by customers.
- Sends out accurate and timely monthly statements of account to customers.
- Initiates and screens customer credit applications, including review of new customer accounts for the GL, credit terms and tax code accuracy.
- Maintains proper filing of billing documents, customer payments and bank deposits.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Knowledge of GAAP and management accounting.
- Self-motivated and customer focused.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Experience working with QuickBooks.
- Self-motivated with good time management and follow-up skills; highly organized and detail oriented.
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation) & a good sense of humor.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and collaborate on projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or relevant field or
- 2-3 years of Accounts Receivable experience.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- May need to work overtime and weekends as needed, particularly during initial months with company.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers for data entry for 8 hours or more, some lifting, squatting, bending, some pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to travel to other locations.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must pass a background check with the San Jose Police Department.