Retailer, Distributor, and Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
This position will include, but not limited to the maintenance of accurate records, files and processing of payments to vendors and revenue received from all sources. The AP Specialist coordinates accounts payable with our team in India, handling any interaction required with vendors.
What You'll Do
- Embraces and demonstrates alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking.
- Engages directly and maintains positive working relationships with a large volume of wholesale customers.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by accurately posting account transactions.
- Coordinates invoices to be scanned and processed.
- Establishes the process to ensure that all invoices are delivered via email to Accounts Payable shared email.
- Responds to requests on behalf of India team to communicate with vendors.
- Assists Assistant Controller with bill pay as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Knowledge of GAAP and management accounting.
- Self-motivated and customer focused.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Experience working with QuickBooks.
- Self-motivated with good time management and follow-up skills; highly organized and detail oriented.
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation) & a good sense of humor.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and collaborate on projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or relevant field or
- 2-3 years of Accounts Payable experience.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- May need to work overtime and weekends as needed, particularly during initial months with company.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers for data entry for 8 hours or more, some lifting, squatting, bending, some pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to travel to other locations.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must pass a background check with the San Jose Police Department.