About The Position
Cairnspring Mills Food Service Area Sales Manager
Cairnspring Mills is a regional flour mill company located in the Skagit Valley of Washington state that is leading a new craft flour movement. We produce fresh stone-milled flour that is naturally nutritious and made from identity preserved grains sourced directly from local farmers in the Pacific Northwest. Our flour has phenomenal flavor and performance and is being used by some of the best bakers and chefs in the world. We are expanding our business throughout California selling to bakeries, pizzerias, restaurants, and cafes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual who is excited join our team to sell flour and help us successfully build our business in a very dynamic market. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about baking, sustainability and great food made from great ingredients. If you’re inspired by the opportunity to join the craft flour movement and lead our sales effort in CA contact us.
- Maintain a visible and value-adding presence in the market both with key bakeries, pizzerias, restaurants and cafes and distributors
- Effectively prioritize, proactively communicate, and maintain a high level of professionalism in all aspects of their work.
- Engage wholesaler sales teams to sell our brands by spending time in the field with key personnel including the sales supervisors and select sales representatives. Educate the team on key company and product selling attributes and points of differentiation.
- Ensure wholesaler personnel effectively represent the company and flour.
- Provide a weekly call plan and daily recaps of your call activity. Copy the appropriate wholesaler personnel to ensure proper market follow up.
- Achieve KPIs on a monthly basis: visiting key accounts, achieving new distribution, engaging the wholesaler and selling brand building initiatives.
- Effectively communicate throughout the week with manager to provide updates on weekly schedule, challenges, opportunities, and wins in the territory
- Participate in wholesaler sales meetings to introduce brand programming and energize wholesaler sales personnel to effectively sell our brands within each market.
- Represent our brand developing new accounts & growing account base.
- Manage and work alongside local distributer teams to field and follow up on leads, conduct ride with days, and be available for appointments, presentations and product information.
- Build strong relationships with key decision makers, influencers and baking teams at new and existing accounts.
- Supporting the Marketing Team in establishing good relationship with key influencers in the market and executing events, promotions and programs.
- Execute monthly and quarterly priorities as related to business activities
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3-5 years in baking and or baking sales.
- Bachelor’s and or Culinary degree preferred but not required.
- Distributor Management Experience preferred.
- Existing relationships at key accounts within the territory preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop/maintain effective working relationships and influence with Distributor and key accounts.
- Capable of digesting and delivering brand knowledge in a persuasive manner to customers.
- Numerical and analytical acumen in order to identify patterns, issues & opportunities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong sales and presentation skills.
- Has a passion for baking and the ability to build relationships with customers.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and pivot effortlessly from various job functions throughout the day.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work independently and with a team.
- Ability to lift 50lb bags of flour.
- Must have a car.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job (accommodations due to disability or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law).
· Function – Food Service Sales
· Level – Area Manager
· Salary - $75 - $90k plus Incentive
· Territory – Based in N.Cal and covering CA.