About The Position
Responsible for generating new business relationships while also growing the existing business in the Western territories of United States.
CAB Enterprises Inc. (“CAB Enterprises” or the “Company”) is the exclusive sales and customer service Company representing Grupo Pisa in North America. The primary objective of CAB Enterprises is to lead the growth of consumer product sales in the United States.
Business Development Sales Manager Multi-Channel West will be responsible for generating new business relationships while also growing the existing business in the Western territories of United States. The job responsibilities will be focused on sales in the Retail Channel West Territories. The Business Development Sales Manager Multi-Channel will be working with sensitive information therefore will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). The Business Development Sales Manager Multi-Channel will report to the Regional Director of Sales for the Company. The job responsibilities will be focused on multiple distribution channels in the sales territory that includes a focus on Direct Store Delivery through the Convenience channel along with a focus on the traditional Grocery Wholesalers and Distributors.
We are looking for a professional with selling experience in the functional beverage category and its subcategories.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Meeting/exceeding annual new and existing customer revenue and profit goals for all of the Company’s products in the Region in multiple categories.
- Have an “entrepreneurial” mentality in expanding and selling new customers in the region within the functional beverage category and subcategories.
- Must have a strong, positive existing relationship with distributors and customers in the retail channel.
- Generate new business opportunities through targeted outreach with prospective distributors, wholesalers, and retailers. Needs to collaborate with Regional Sales Director and other team members to close business.
- Review existing client base and create a customer review process. Execute an annual calendar of customer visits and reviews with existing and prospective customers.
- Develop the retail sales channels with current and new product lines.
- Establish senior level contacts, win, and manage new customers of strategic importance.
- Make effective sales and marketing program presentations to decision makers at the distributor level along with key customers.
- Manage existing customers within the region to increase incremental revenue and profit and customer satisfaction.
- Manage the existing broker partners as it relates to sales and merchandising goals and targets.
- Identify new brokers that can help maximize growth within the category.
- Meet/exceed annual customer goals for the in-store shelf presence for sold products.
- Be an advocate for the business: Position region for profitable growth; address customer and product distribution gaps; improve existing client base; analyze target customers, pricing, margins, and product lines by customer, etc.
- Analyze market data and trends to formulate action plans and category growth goals.
- Meet/exceed annual customer revenue goals.
- Assist in the collection of outstanding invoices that have been escalated from accounting.
- Work effectively with team members: consisting of Regional Sales Director, Marketing, Area Managers, Sales Brokers, and management personnel.
- Follow latest industry developments and stay up to date on competitors.
- Responsible for recapping the success/failure of key marketing and sales campaigns.
- Conduct product training to new and existing customers.
- Coordinate product demonstrations and event support with marketing agencies.
- Design, develop and execute promotional support that includes volume incentives for retailers and DSD distributors to reach and exceed budget.
- Execute the sales of our brand portfolio to all channels of trade within your assigned geography by utilizing the resources of the Area Manager and Merchandising group.
- Coordinate with your group to educate Area Sales Manager, Sales Merchandisers, and Direct Store Delivery (DSD) representatives on product knowledge, proper selling strategy and effective merchandising.
- Coordinate with the Area Manager and the Merchandising group to achieve optimal in store merchandising space, full SKU-sets, POS placements and multiple points of distribution. Build a strong rapport with your retail store owners, managers, and staff.
- Develop a sales network to maximize account coverage and execution at store level.
- Develop an incentive for DSD distributors to meet and exceed sales budget.
- Implement a program to work with Area Manager and DSD reps for ride-along to sell, merchandize, train, relationship manage with and audit their performance on a regular basis.
- Review sales results and customer satisfaction measures and compare them to established objectives and take actions to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to meet expectations.
- Manage and control your region expense & travel budgets to expected results.
- Manage and control your region working trade expense budgets to expected results.
- Participate in the formation of pricing strategy.
- Management of any pricing and contract concessions to guidelines as outlined by sales management.
- Achieve satisfactory sales, profit and market share performance of Company’s products and services to budgeted standards.
- Develop relationships at all levels of a region in the retail channels (independent and chain), distributors and wholesalers.
- Responsible for forecasting revenue. Present company message and demonstrate products and services in person or remotely.
- Ability to present, negotiate and successfully close proposals/contracts with the appropriate guidance from Regional Sales Director.
- Be able to use and understand internal sales data and external data such as AC Nielsen and IRI in order to communicate sales trends and opportunities within presentations and business reviews.
- Assist in preparation of regional business plans. Participate in the determination of market potential and in the preparation of sales expense estimates for assigned region.
- Attend trade shows and other marketing events.
- Work within an assigned expense budget and submit monthly expense reports.
- Be prepared and organized for all sales meetings.
- Lead and manage Area Sales Managers, Sales Brokers, or other representatives in your region.
- Create and plan teamwork schedules within limits assigned and oriented towards achieving sales and customer retention goals.
- Create merchandising goals with marketing department to achieve company’s tactical sales and promotional plans.
- Create distributor and broker goals in order to achieve Company’s tactical sales and promotional plans.
- Strong working knowledge of the beverage sales industry, processes, and framework.
- Basic working knowledge/intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite required.
Reading Comprehension – The ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Written Comprehension/Expression – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing. The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Oral Compression/Expression – The ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. The ability to communicate information and ideas while speaking so others will understand.
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Complex Problem Solving- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Deductive Reasoning– The ability to apply general rules to specific problems in order to produce answers that make sense.
Inductive Reasoning – The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events.)
Versatility – Ability to work both independently, and as a team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or closely related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the beverage industry, and CPG experience required.
- Outside Business to Business (B2B) sales experience in the beverage industry required.
- Experience in the Convenience Channel – Beverage is a plus
- Must be willing to travel 70% of the time.
- Must be fluent in English, Spanish preferred.
- Must be physically capable of bending and lifting to 30 pounds, have the ability to set up displays, adjust shelves during resets, move product, etc. as necessary during account calls.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherited in the occupation.
CAB Enterprises Inc. is committed to maintaining a work environment that promotes diversity and is free of discrimination. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment might be subject of passing a drug test.