Market Sales Manager (TX & OK)
Posted Nov 20
Market Sales Manager position is responsible for achieving key sales objectives through the managing of distributor assets and growing new accounts in a measured and thoughtful way. The position is responsible for managing the growth and development of the Castle & Key product mix and brand. The Sales Manager will work closely and collaborate with the Castle & Key National Sales Manager and the distributor sales force to develop strategies for product placement, promotion and brand building efforts. This position will collaborate on setting strategic goals and objectives, ensuring execution of objectives and performance targets, and working to develop and foster talent on the sales team.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
- Collaborate to create quarterly and annual strategic goals for defined regions.
- Develops promotional strategy for regional areas in conjunction with C&K and distributor marketing departments for on- and off-premise events and promotions.
- Recommends and implements sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis.
- Benchmark business data and sales trends for key accounts and provide monthly recommendations to C&K National Sales Manager to aid in execution of the strategic plan.
- Builds sustainable partnerships at distributor level as well as key accounts by emphasizing Castle & Key’s brand and product value.
- Collaborate on distributor planning, programing and incentive programs.
- Lead appropriate programming across on and off-premise channels, allocating resources appropriately.
- Serve as “market expert” for strategic planning and programming, collaborating with C&K team and distributor leadership to maximize ROI on program executions.
- Establish positive customer rapport at all levels in accounts.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with distributor teams as well as C&K team.
- Regularly collaborate with Distributor sales force for cognition of best sales practices that support the Castle & Key business model.
- Must be able to maintain business-like behavior during and after the consumption of alcohol during social events.
- Drive sales and distribution goals at all accounts as needed.
- Train and work with distributor teams on a daily basis to review accomplishments and daily assignments
- Ride with distributor team members, multiple times per month, to increase distribution and sales in all responsible areas.
- Identify and participate in special events within market area to represent Castle & Key.
- Meet regularly with the C&K National Sales Manager to review inbound marketing data and provide feedback from the market.
- Plan and course correct on current targets
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Time in position, certificates, degrees
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent, plus 4-6 years sales experience (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors and accounts and all internal stakeholders.
Excellent manager and developer of people: demonstrated commitment to providing regular, constructive feedback to business partners; demonstrated coaching ability; ability to objectively assess both skills and potential.
Demonstrated knowledge of on/off-premise business and three-tier distribution system
Team leader: Able to build and sustain effective, results-producing teams, within the state, across business functions, and with business partners.
Action-oriented: Responds in a timely and effective manner to business issues and opportunities.
Highly organized: capable of meeting multiple deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
- Considerations for the type of environment they will need to be able to physically perform in
Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) up to 40% of the time.
Must have a valid state driver’s license.
Physical ability to lift 60 pounds.