About The Position
What We Do
At C.A. Fortune, we aspire to maintain our position as the nation’s leading consumer brands agency. We realize how fortunate we are (pun intended) to offer comprehensive solutions to our clients. From sales management to marketing, all the way down to insights and e-commerce, our boutique service model offers a breadth of services to our clients.
Who We Are
People. Passion. Purpose. Our people are the core of our business. Our unique boutique service model allows our people to follow their passions with a purpose, all while delivering excellent services to our clients. At C.A., we live and breathe our values. We are fearless and curious innovators who lead with solutions, empower others, and do the right thing, always. We are a family-first organization and recognize the importance of a healthy and flexible work-life balance, a positive support system, and the power of diversity and inclusion.
What You Will Be a Part Of
We are on a mission to build better brands that inspire healthier lifestyles for consumers and their families. Join us!
The BUILD team is looking for a Manager, Conventional Sales - East Coast to join the team!
Remote; must be located in East Coast
What You'll Do
- Lead strategic planning discussions with BUILD clients in relation to their go to market plans
- Provide experience-based insights into the best possible approach to driving sales at both existing and new retailer partners
- Oversee category review process from brand perspective
- Never miss reviews, lead retailer presentations as the head sales representative of the brand, manage broker partners execution throughout
- Prospect non-review accounts and drive sales via ad hoc meetings
- Develop key buyer relationships (and distributor partner relationships if applicable) with all strategic accounts
- Develop strategic trade spend plans by key retailer and partner with BUILD Sales Operations team to incorporate plans on proprietary trade planning tool
- Provide key retailer updates on retailer scorecard on a routine basis for all BUILD clients
- Drive warehouse velocities through partnership with broker and distributor teams for respective territory
Experience and Skills You Will Need
- 3+ years of CPG Industry Experience in Sales, Marketing, or similar functions
- Syndicated data comprehension
- Office & Outlook proficiency
- Experience working with National distributors, National Retailers and managing broker partners
- Effective communicator and strong presentation skills for both virtual and in-person meetings
- A demonstrated competency in multi-tasking and problem-solving with focus on meeting deadlines
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Preferred experience with some of these retailers, including buyer relationships and comprehensive knowledge of the submission process: Giant Carlisle, Giant Landover, Stop & Shop, Publix.
- Prior management and understanding of some of the following channels: Club, Drug, C-store, Mass, Ecomm etc…
What We Offer
- Up to 26 days of PTO, accrual with tenure
- 11 paid company holidays per year
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- 3 months fully paid parental leave (regardless of gender)
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Paid company life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Summer hours (half day Fridays from Memorial Day thru Labor Day)
- Work from home flexibility
What We Value
Our People, Our Passion, and Our Purpose.
Innovate Fearlessly: We value radical candor and actionable feedback to deliver our best selves to our clients and our colleagues. From our services to processes and everything in between, we bring all our ideas to the table, and no idea is too big or small.
Empower Others: Our leaders encourage their teams to bring their whole selves to work by being authentic, humble, and inclusive. All voices and perspectives are valued, and everything that is brought to the table matters, from our newest team member to our CEO.
Lead with Solutions: Our vertical integration allows us to connect a multitude of CPG services into one convenient package to ensure your products receive best in class representation. We provide boutique service on a national scale, which provides a one-of-a-kind opportunity to bring brands to the next level.
Stay Curious: Our consistent curiosity and obsession with staying at the forefront of the consumer industry allows us the ability to be nimble and create unique partnerships that over-deliver results.
Do the Right Thing, Always: At C.A. we act in the best interest of our clients, and always do what’s right. We pride ourselves on our unique ability to be nimble with no red tape blocking our path.
Come As You Are
C.A. Fortune is committed to making our company more inclusive. Diversity fuels our innovation and better connects us to our clients, our colleagues, and our communities. Based on research, we know that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when their experience perfectly matches the job description. That said, we encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications, especially if this role aligns with your career trajectory.