- At C.A. Fortune, we aspire to maintain our position as the nation's leading consumer brands agency. We realize how fortunate we are (pun intended) to offer comprehensive solutions to our clients. From sales management to marketing, all the way down to insights and e-commerce, our boutique service model offers a breadth of services to our clients.
Who We Are
- People. Passion. Purpose. Our people are the core of our business. Our unique boutique service model allows our people to follow their passions with a purpose, all while delivering excellent services to our clients. At C.A., we live and breathe our values. We are fearless and curious innovators who lead with solutions, empower others, and do the right thing, always. We are a family-first organization and recognize the importance of a healthy and flexible work-life balance, a positive support system, and the power of diversity and inclusion.
Overview of the Role
- The Account Managerwillbe responsible forbuilding and developing strong relationships with key decision makers and clients. You will be the face of C.A. Fortune for this key account and guide our brands down the path of success by gaining increased points of distribution, developing a strong promotional plan, analyzing sales to assure effectiveness, keeping the brand's sales moving in an upward trajectory, as well as thinking outside of the box on ways to continually grow sales for these brands. We ask that you understand how to read and analyze data and be comfortable presenting.
- Remote; must be local to St. Louis, MO (within 1 hour)
- Travel Requirements: Less than 20% -i.e.industry trade shows, client national sales meetings, & or any other events that would bewarranted; all other travel is within assigned market (automobile)
- At C.A. we're not looking for perfection, just people that want to commit to a us and grow their careers long-term. We are on a mission to build better brands that inspire healthier lifestyles for consumers and their families. If you're looking for a sign to apply, here it is!
You'll do at C.A. Fortune
- Create and execute a regional or account specific sales plan for the St. Louis. MO retailers that meets or exceeds established sales quotas and supports company revenue and profit targets
- Meet regularly with existing customers to understand their evolving business needs and position product solutions to address those needs,provideall maintenance,new itemsubmissions, promotional support, etc.
- Build long-term, productive, and mutually beneficial relationships with existing and new customers & clients
- Maintain consistent communication andtimelyfollow-up with customers and clients and be available and responsive to their real-time needs
- Work effectively/professionally with company's internal departments, assuring elite management of our clients and customers businesses
What You Should Bring to the Table
- Strong knowledge of the consumer products industry (specifically food products)
- Prior relationships or experience calling on KeHE, VMC or UNFI
- Prior experience with Schnucks and Dierbergs
- Prior account management experience
- Prior experience with category reviews
- Strong presentation, communication, and analytical skills
- Must have strong comfort level with reading, interpreting and presenting data - SPINS
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor's Degree and/or similar industry experience
You Will Stand Out if You Have
- Extensive experience KeHE, VMC & UNFI
- Extensive experience with Schnucks & Dierbergs
- 16 days of PTO
- 11 paid company holidays per year
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- 3 months fully paid parental leave (regardless of gender)
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Paid company life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Summer hours (half day Fridays from Memorial Day thru Labor Day)
Come As You Are
C.A. Fortune is committed to making our company more inclusive. Diversity fuels our innovation and better connects us to our clients, our colleagues, and our communities. Based on research, we know that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when their experience perfectly matches the job description. That said, we encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications, especially if this role aligns with your career trajectory.