Responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician include maintaining and repairing equipment, trouble shooting, improving production process, and building maintenance. Role Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Effectively complete preventive and proactive maintenance per the schedule to prevent breakdowns on equipment.
- Utilize root-cause analysis skills to investigate breakdown and line stoppages while collaborating with other departments.
- Initial responder when a line stops producing and assures that the appropriate mechanical help is on site to correct any problems quickly using electrical and/or mechanical skills.
- Prioritizes work to ensure timely maintenance, repair and installation of equipment, tools and utility systems to minimize manufacturing downtime and completes all required paperwork and documentation in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment including inspection, assembly, disassembly, and replacement as necessary.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and safety performance standards.
- Support the facility's food safety and food quality programs to assure compliance and achieve desired results.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 years industrial maintenance experience
- Electrical/electronic troubleshooting and repair skills required.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, and be able to handle emergency situations common to the operation. Must be able to maintain and display personal cleanliness and follow GMPs' as described in company guidelines. Must be able to write clearly and in an organized fashion. Must be able to use a computer: MS office; and other company provided software.
- Infant Formula or Food manufacturing experience preferred.
- This job requires the employee to be able to lift 50 lb./25 kg bags or drums during the batching and bagging process. Need ability to stand, crouch and climb to perform adjustments to equipment, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor.