About The Position
The Brand Ambassador will be responsible for development and expansion on strategic points of distribution and achieving case sales goals.
BRUXO Mezcal was born from the dream of a group of friends who found in Mezcal the reason to work for the best and the most authentic of Mexico: its people, its communities, its traditions, its culture and, of course, its distilled maguey craft spirits that are made in an artisanal way with respect, passion and honor by Mezcal masters, agave masters and communities.
The team is made up of talented, entrepreneurial and committed people, who work both in the city and in the fields of rural México to share with the world the magic, mysticism, ancestral heritage, and the stories and people behind the great diversity of Mezcal and the distilled maguey craft spirits that come from diverse regions of Mexico.
The Brand Ambassador will be part of a dedicated and passionate team, focused on sales, brand management and program management as it pertains to sales execution
Responsible for maximizing the sales and marketing of Bruxo Mezcal to a targeted account base through effective planning, selling, merchandising and communication that permits achievement of the companies’ objectives.
The role will serve to increase brand awareness & recruit amongst target consumers, drive menu placements, lead staff & consumer tastings, support the local sales & distributor team and serve as an agave and brand expert at all industry events. This position will be a local contact and face of the brand.
Accountabilities: Key Account Management & Engagement
• Build, maintain and enhance an on and off premise key account list independently as well as in collaboration with the importer/distributor.
• Develop strong relationships with key buyers/owners and managers for the Bruxo portfolio in on and off premise
• Conducts regular visits to assigned accounts and identifies opportunities to drive/grow volume.
• Drive awareness and sales of BRUXO Mezcal portfolio in assigned accounts by developing and securing programs including menu placements, shelf drink features, well opportunities, and on the back bar.
• Wholesaler engagement: execute programming, sales, merchandising, brand education and market work-withs
• Ready and able to conduct in-store demos and staff trainings.
Develop and execute brand programs to grow brand awareness:
• Create Mezcal specific cocktails for key accounts.
• Regularly interact with distributor salespeople to enhance brand distribution, presence, and sales.
• Work with and nurture relationships with local bartender organizations and trade & restaurant associations.
• Maintain a professional social media presence to positively represent the brand education – Agave Category & Brand Specific Serve as an expert for the BRUXO Mezcal portfolio and agave category.
• Educate trade and distributor/importer partners on the benefits of the BRUXO Mezcal portfolio.
• Support sales division teams with distributor meetings (GSMs), work withs and trade events.
• Include agave category expertise and mixology in educational events to reinforce brand benefits.
• Assist in identifying & executing local events.
• Execute off-premise in-store tastings and on-premise activations.
• Support national brand programs and activations as required.
• Act as a local contact for the BRUXO Mezcal portfolio as needed. • Act as brand voice on social platforms, supporting all brand initiatives, maintaining brand standards and brand voice.
• Proactively complete administration duties including budget tracking, expense reporting, providing market data & recaps and submitting survey responses to identify key learnings, competitive and local market insight as well as future program recommendations.
• Tracking and measurement of established Key Performance Indicators (KPI monitoring)
• Weekly status calls to share accomplishments and competitive activity in the market.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient in computers, particularly Excel, Power point and CRM programs
• Expert spirits knowledge – including an understanding of the brands landscape and mixology.
• Requires a current, valid state driver's license and ability to meet vehicle insurance requirements.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
• Must possess in-depth understanding of on and off premise account universe in the market for which they are applying as well as the state/federal regulations that apply.
• Must have a passion for the Mezcal and agave category and be able to share it in all social media platforms.
• Strong written, verbal, and public speaking skills.
• 3+ years industry experience in field sales, broker and/or brand representative, preferably in the agave category.
• Must be reliable, responsible, high energy, and outgoing.
• Entrepreneurial mindset, motivated self-starter with a competitive edge, outgoing, articulate and charismatic.
• Must have a current valid US driver's license.
• Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
• Must be 21+ years of age.
• Willingness to work weekends and late-night hours as needed.
• Bilingual-Spanish is a plus.
• Ability to travel to Mexico and other markets as needed.
Bruxo Mezcal is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We provide equal opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.