Brescome Barton, Inc.
1933-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
General Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with flexibility to work evening and weekend hours
Achieves sales volume and distribution objectives of the company and supplier by managing and coaching a team of sales representatives to make their standards of performance goals through proper planning, organization, training and execution.
- Pre-plans prior to the beginning of each sales period by holding a one on one meeting with each representative, strategizing on how best to achieve goals and objectives, and when applicable, helping representatives define target accounts.
- Conducts effective one on one weekly sales meetings with sales representatives by communicating sales objectives and programs, identifying opportunities, reviewing performance against goals, and guiding team members on how to close gaps.
- Develops and reviews performance enhancement plans for each sales representative by maintaining monthly files, conducting evaluations, monitoring sales reports, performing coaching calls, and following up on progress as needed.
- Aids sales representatives in effective ways to maintain territory account coverage and efficiency to maximize sales.
- Addresses any skill deficiencies of sales representatives by developing customized coaching plans, tracking progress and recording improvement against them.
- Demonstrates strong customer orientation by maintaining relationships with key accounts, identifying account opportunities, performing customer business reviews, developing opening orders with new accounts, managing set-up of new stores, managing open territories and resolving customer complaints.
- Manages supplier surveys and ride-withs by planning routes, pre-surveying accounts, conducting survey with supplier, recapping the survey and scheduling sales representatives as needed.
- Resolves customer issues by following appropriate administrative processes and company policies and escalating issues to management as appropriate.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Requirements & Attributes
- A minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience directly related in Industry with an understanding of wine, spirits and beer
- Sales Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Strong sales acumen; field sales experience, familiar with on & off premise atmosphere; ability to close the sale
- Provides leadership, communicates information, expectations and outcomes to sales team and sales management based on established schedules
- Must be a results oriented professional with excellent level of interpersonal skills, listening, verbal/written communication skills use of diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills
- Effective analytical, presentation and organizational skills; attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks/deadlines and deliver results on a timely basis, exercise independent judgment
- Current and valid CT Drivers License and Insurance coverage and ability to operate a motor vehicle required.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and to sales meetings
- Must obtain and maintain Sales Certificate Licensure from State of CT
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products specifically with Excel and PowerPoint; use of reporting tools and analytics
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced, changing business, processes, technologies and environments
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and résumé to by October 10, 2019.
- Reports To Division Manager – Brescome Barton North