Brescome Barton, Inc.
1933-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
Trade Development Manager (TDM)
General Hours – Monday – Friday 8:30a.m – 5:00 p.m. with flexibility to work evening and weekend hours; limited travel
Position reports to: Director of Trade Development
Responsible to maintain relationships and achieve sales and GP growth with assigned suppliers and product portfolios in accordance with company goals. Evaluate and identify new product/supplier opportunities with consideration of company’s portfolio mix and market demand. Communicates applicable information to sales, purchasing, and merchandising teams.
Major functions of position include:
- Development, execution and evaluation of local and national brand programs.
- Manage the execution of all trade and consumer focused activities (promotions, events, blitzes etc.) that support local and national brand programs while ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide recaps and ROI analysis for all sales and marketing activities.
- Oversee ordering, allocation and tracking of all supplier/ brands assigned.
- Assist in the identification, development and management of all local sponsorships, partnerships and events.
- Determines specific needs of the sales department by analyzing accounts and surveying for opportunities.
- Establishes sales volume, merchandising and on premise objectives relative to brand priority by understanding company priorities and defining POS needs to the supplier.
- Supports sales team in training and information as a resource by presenting and sharing account trends and brand knowledge.
- Prepares and deliver professional sales presentations to supplier by balancing the company’s priorities and supplier needs.
- Monitors company gross profit, pricing, sales volume and product programming information on a monthly basis by reviewing and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- In depth knowledge of competitive pricing and product programming by reviewing pricing schedules and surveying accounts.
- Maintains compliance with all state trade regulations and Supplier marketing codes of conduct with regard to program development, execution and management.
Requirements & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent training and work experience in marketing/sales with minimum of 3-5 years experience directly related in Industry
- Strong PC experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products specifically with Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to learn internal software packages (Diver, JDE, etc.)
- Effective analytical, presentation and organizational skills; attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks/deadlines and deliver results on a timely basis, exercise independent judgment
- Professional level of interpersonal skills, listening, written and verbal communications
- Motivated, proactive, self-directed with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Current and valid CT Drivers License and Insurance coverage and ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced, changing business, processes, technologies and environments
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and résumé by November 15, 2019.
- Reports To Director of Trade Development