About The Position
Maybe it’s our award-winning bourbon talking, or the fact that our people are amazing, but we’re excited to be hiring a VP/Controller to our accounting team to help take us to the next level.
Breckenridge Distillery has opening for a VP/Controller.
About Breckenridge Distillery
We are not your typical small company, and currently, we are seeking someone who is not your typical VP/Controller! Maybe it’s our award-winning bourbon talking, or the fact that our people are amazing, but we’re excited to be hiring a VP/Controller to our accounting team to help take us to the next level.
Breckenridge Distillery is a small company with big plans, and we need to find a great fit for the skill sets needed, as well as someone looking for a unique culture. The ideal candidate will understand the importance of being the face of the company, and have experience wearing a few different “hats” during the day. Candidates will also understand how dynamic it can be working in a small company that is growing, while still being able to enjoy a great work/life balance.
Successful candidate will possess the following:
- Responsible for accurate and timely financial and management reporting.
- Oversees and directs budgeting, annual financial statement audit, tax compliance (utilizing outside firm), accounting (including cost accounting), sundry purchasing, and forecasting for the organization.
- Coordinates investor relations activities, investor agreements and investor reporting
- Analyzes operational issues impacting functional groups and the whole institution and determines their financial impact.
- Evaluates and recommends business partnering opportunities.
- Directs and accounts for monthly inventory accounts.
- Oversees IT strategy and IT personnel.
- Manages cash disbursements including ensuring security and controls over funds movement.
- Prepares bank compliance reporting.
- Prepares and analyzes weekly cash and revenue forecasting.
- Ensures timely invoicing and collection of receivables.
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Ensures federal and multi-state regulatory compliance and supervises the preparation of required excise tax filing, licenses and permits required for liquor distribution.
- Oversees payroll.
- Ensures transactions for retail and restaurant activities are properly recorded and any cash and inventory is secured.
- Supervises retail operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Advanced/Expert in Excel)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to negotiate, delegate, and work under pressure
- Strong analytical, decision making and fact-based solution skills
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead in a professional work environment
- Well-developed problem resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Experience with preparing and administering progressive discipline process and performance management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Regular reliable attendance is an essential requirement for this position
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility in accounting and finance field.
- CPA or equivalent experience.
- Cost accounting background and understanding.
- System implementation experience helpful.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to type
- Stand, sit and walk for up to 8 hours a day
- In person supervision and interaction required (COVID-19 protocols followed.)
- Benefits package
- Paid time off after 4 months of employment
- Employees receive one free bottle of our wonderful Breckenridge Distillery spirits every month as an added bonus