Breakthru Beverage Group
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
Breakthru Beverage Virginia is currently looking for a Sales Development Representative for our Off-Premise Sales Team. This position is designed as an ENTRY LEVEL sales development role and will rotate through a number of different territories in the Virginia Beach area. This is an outside sales position. The primary responsibility for this position will be to fill in open territories as needed in order to maximize the sales of supplier brands to the trade. This position may be asked to assist the Merchandising Department during particularly heavy merchandising periods.
Why work for Breakthru Beverage Virginia? Here are some great reasons!
-Medical and Dental
-Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
-Strong stable industry
- Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by creating an established and efficient routing pattern.
- Ensures national account compliance where applicable by accurately completing all necessary surveys.
- Understands the accounts buying patterns by reviewing the company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintains accurate historical account purchase information.
- Strategizes/preplans on how best to achieve sales and merchandising objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
- Maintains product levels in accounts by taking inventory and restocking shelves (where legal).
- Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume and activity goals of supplier brands as set by management.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Obtains payments for company by collecting and delivering checks or other remittance from accounts where legally permissible.
- Educates account staff by conducting educational staff training seminars on brands.
- Manages customer account receivables by timely processing of credits and returns and communicating with accounts on aged receivables.
- Services accounts by delivering products to customers in extenuating circumstances, handling customer issues and complaints and referring these issues, as appropriate to management.
- Remains informed of company/supplier activities and updates by attending and actively participating in weekly sales meetings.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies, to include but not limited to TOPS,WSSM,SFA, and Focus marketing.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle; required.
- Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Thinks outside the box; searches for innovative solutions.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- An understanding of wine and spirits is required.
- Individuals with strong computer, customer service and interpersonal expertise preferred.
- Results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills; uses diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task, works independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software.
Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.