Breakthru Beverage Group
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
Responsible for maximizing the sales and marketing of supplier brands in chain account base through the building of strong relationships with key decision makers and effective planning, selling, merchandising and communication that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives.
- Maintains chain accounts, by effectively sustaining relationships with buyer(s), communicating marketing plans, presenting new products, display programs and merchandising concepts, delivering accurate monthly pricing in an effort to reflect the recommended retail prices and conducting business reviews as prescribed by management.
- Determines specific needs of chain by analyzing account sales data, IRI and Nielsen scan data, Spectra demographic data and any chain proprietary classifications as well as surveying for opportunities.
- Establishes merchandising objectives relative to brand priority for chain by understanding company priorities and defining POS needs to the supplier.
- Supports sales representatives as a training and information resource by presenting and sharing chain(s) program commitments, account trends and brand knowledge.
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to chain buyer(s) by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs.
- Understands company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis by reviewing and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Understands competitive pricing and product programming by reviewing pricing schedules and surveying accounts.
- Obtains appropriate distribution of supplier brands in chain(s) account base by presenting and selling based on the brands’ features and benefits.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within the chain by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, SFA).
- Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work-with sales calls.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- A minimum of two years in sales or industry related experience is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience.
- Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit required. Must have a valid driver's license and be able to operate a motor vehicle
- A sound understanding of wine and spirits is required.
- Strong computer, customer service and interpersonal skills required.
- Results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills; uses diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team; pays attention to detail and meets deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer systems including presentation software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly exposed normal business office environment. The ability to share workspace, travel by car or train, dress in proper business attire, attend evening meetings and meet deadlines are all requirements of this position. Associate is often required to be in the market and may require exposure to inclement weather.
Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.