About The Position
Position: Brand Advocate
Employment Type: Part Time/Flexible
Total Team Members with Same Roll: 5
Reports to: Managing Agency and Heaven’s Door Sales and Marketing Teams
# of Direct Reports: 0
The Brand Advocate for Heaven’s Door is a part-time position dedicated to brand building, education and supporting volume-driving activities for Heaven’s Door. This role will serve to increase brand awareness among trade/consumers, drive trial and advocacy and expand the product footprint in accounts and at events.
An exciting opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing spirits brands in the US. As Brand Advocate you will be a trained brand expert and educate bar owners, managers, and bartenders. You will help build brand visibility in on-premise and retail accounts, achieve distribution goals, and provide customer service and support in your key accounts with the robust program tools provided to you.
Brand and Category Championship
- Serve as brand/category/mixology expert.
- Have expert knowledge on competitor brands.
- Provide specific brand expertise in accounts to leverage a brand opportunity.
- Work to find legal, financially efficient ways to host the trade and build advocacy.
Brand, Cocktail and Category Education and Training
- Educate the consumer and trade through direct interaction including:
- Provide brand expertise/training at the distributor and key account level.
- Provide brand education to amplify consumer and trade dinners as well as other educational opportunities.
- Create education opportunities that engage the trade and recruit them as brand evangelists.
- Liaise with the local sales team to help build the brand in target accounts:
- Increase communication and sales by executing tastings, cocktail creation, account consultation, and training as needed.
- Coordinate with local sales and distribution teams to identify and maintain a target account list.
- Present at distributor GSMs and educate distributor staff as needed
- Activities include:
- Trade training, events and programming
- Account support through bar buys and events
- Visibility drivers through menu placements, displays and shelf sets
- Event activation through trade events, consumer events, distributor events and trade shows
- Contribute to national marketing calendar by calling out local events and partnerships that would be beneficial to the brand
- Increase brand footprint in target accounts
- Activities include:
- Increase family of brands footprint by obtaining new points of visibility and usage
- Strengthen category leadership by obtaining menu placements in influential accounts
- Increase communication and sales of our brand
- Support key accounts with the robust program tools provided to you
- Increase in account velocity, visibility, and rate of sale
Financial Responsibility & Administrative Requirements
- Manage market allocated budgets
- Timely submission of required program documents and deliverables
- Timely and accurate submission of all reporting and expenses
- Must love Whiskey
- Entrepreneurial minded
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and communication skills
- Able to collaborate and develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
- Has sound financial skills and experience managing a budget
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends)
- Shows strong networking skills and ability to build and maintain relationships within accounts, communities and organizations
Essential Physical Functions:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Creates documents, reports, and event recaps
- Ability to lift and carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to pick up and transport Point of Sale (POS), event equipment, and product
This is a part-time position based on an annual contract with the client. Compensation is both base and bonus based on achievement of program KPIs. The position also has access to budgets to execute effectively in the market.
Additional Attributes for Success in the Position:
- Ability to develop and maintain key channel/customer relationships:
- Ability to develop and maintain lasting relationships with trade and consumer key influencers.
- Motivated by adding value and operates with a high level of energy on outcomes.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Works autonomously and delivers against predetermined brand and program goals.
- Understands consumer targets, sales opportunity by channel and consumer motivations by occasion.
- Practices timeliness for all meetings, is well dressed and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Always practices responsible drinking habits.
About The Managing Agency
Brand Activate specializes in field marketing for the Adult Beverage Industry. Our goal is to create best in class field marketing and event services for our clients. Our extensive experience and in-depth knowledge enable us to achieve our client’s business goals and makes Brand Activate an industry standout. What also makes Brand Activate truly unique is our talent - we attract top talent because we are a boutique marketing agency that values our employees and partners. We treat our teams fairly and equitably, and we work hard to ensure that your passion combined with our leadership translates into success.
About The Whiskey
Heaven's Door is a collection of handcrafted American Whiskeys co-created with Bob Dylan. The perfect blend of art and craft, a collection of stories to be savored and shared. Each bottle of Heaven's Door showcases Dylan's distinctive welded iron gates he created in his studio, Black Buffalo Ironworks. Heaven's Door is the perfect melding of art and craft, as each bottle features co-creator Bob Dylan's unique ironwork sculptures.