About The Position
Seeking a General Manager to manage a new high-concept vegan restaurant/brewery located in Manhattan, New York.
Seeking a General Manager to manage a new high-concept vegan restaurant/brewery located in Manhattan, New York. The GM will be an experienced and thoughtful leader who is focused on cultivating teams and making sure, they perform at a consistently high level while creating a memorable guest experience. Must have a passion for hospitality and a hands-on management style and will grow into a brand manager and advocate as more locations are added. Candidate should have experience operating a full-service restaurant and building/leading teams that can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Responsible for delivering all aspects of the restaurant, including sales and revenue, excellent service, profitability, banquet sales, marketing, community relations, managing staff and restaurant operations that are also compliant with local, state, and federal law.
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Leading the team of managers, chefs, and all hourly departments to create the best possible guest experience and exceed our goals. Sets the standard for service execution, salesmanship, communication, and employee relations.
- Providing a warm, friendly, and immediate greeting to all guests; explains and guide the guest in order to positively experience the restaurant style concept.
- In cooperation with the Regional Manager and corporate finance, establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors, preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates and managing weekly and monthly P&L.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Accurately practice, execute and enforce all Company initiatives and policies with improvement to quality, service and operations and ensure employee compliance.
- Engage in ongoing development of management and team members while holding them accountable for performance and maintaining standards.
- Properly executes the all front-of-the-house (FOH) functions, opening, mid- or closing shift, including guest relations, supervision of all FOH staff and staffing levels, proper restaurant ambiance, housekeeping, and set-up, food & beverage quality, bar, safety, and pace.
- Reviewing applications, interviewing, and hiring Management and hourly employees.
- Under the direction of the Director, accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, communicating job expectations; monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; and enforcing policies and procedures.
General Manager Requirements:
- Minimum of 2-4 years Restaurant General Manager experience, preferably in a high-volume casual or fine dining restaurant in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
- Ability to handle potentially stressful situations with guests and employees.
- Ability to resolve conflict while maintaining positive working relationships; with strong interpersonal skill and the ability to manage on all levels.
- Understanding of financial statements and be able to accurately report financial information.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Displays passion for service and exceeding our guests’ needs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both spoken and written.
- Obtain and maintain current ServSafe and/or Foodservice Management Professional certifications for self and team (or the equivalent).
- Strong computer skills and the flexibility to learn and master new software and ordering systems.
- Hands-on management style; able to plan and anticipate needs.
- Fluent in English.
- Flexibility to work various shifts.
· Health*, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance/AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, FSA and HSA, Legal and ID Shield, Accident, and Critical Illness
· Employee Assistance Program
· 401K Retirement Savings Plan
· Employee Discount
*The company pays 75% of employee only medical coverage; three plans are available. All other benefits are voluntary/employee paid. Medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, and 401(k) are all pre-tax.