About The Position
Position Title: Brand Director
Company Overview: At Bobo’s Oat Bars everything we create is made with love and baked by hand using wholesome, simple ingredients you can find in your own kitchen. Working at Bobo’s is a labor of love. Our experienced staff exudes integrity, grit, passion, and a unified desire to share the love of Bobo’s and our products from their hearts to others. Bobo’s employees embrace and reflect the Bobo’s values being collaborative, adaptable, passionate, persevering, and fun-loving.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range is $115,000-$125,000
- Benefits include bonus potential, health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with 4% company match, equity shares, sick and vacation leave
Position Summary: The Brand Director is responsible for supporting strategic sales and marketing goals for the Bobo’s Brand. This position will play an integral role in developing commercial strategy across all customers and channels, leveraging syndicated data, and partnering with the sales team to drive distribution and velocity growth. This position will also be charged with managing key categories across the portfolio to drive topline revenue, while working with operations and finance to drive profit. This position must have the ability to work cross functionally to drive growth in key new channels, help manage key innovation and renovation projects and work to support the Marketing, Ecommerce and Sales departments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Category management - Focus on driving topline revenue through executing marketing and brand plans, analyzing and reporting on internal and syndicated data, and collaborating with sales team to develop new and improved opportunities. Partner with the operations and finance team to drive profitability on key items and categories.
- Review syndicated data with leadership monthly
- Analyze and summarize syndicated data reports to sales leadership
- Support customer meetings by identifying customer insights and presenting facts in sales presentations
- P&L responsibility - Assist in development and execution of annual brand plans and maintain accountability for profit/loss. Monitor and track monthly KPIs contributing to quarterly reviews, work closely with sales team during key customer reviews/planning, and maintain close collaboration with finance and operations. Identify opportunities and lead margin improvement projects.
- Innovation and Insights – Lead the execution of consumer research and new product development. Translate insights into actionable marketing and innovation plans while finding new opportunities for growth. Collaborate with operations to lead the development of new items and improvements inside the current portfolio.
- Build out short- and long-term innovation strategy
- Project Management- Collaborate with internal departments and 3rd party agencies to manage projects including but not limited to digital marketing, innovation, new product development, product renovation and other marketing initiatives. Management of internal timelines and deadlines, as well as external agencies, vendors or business partners as needed to execute Bobo’s marketing plans.
- Work closely with external marketing agencies to drive strategic initiatives for the brand.
- Support other marketing and sales functions when needed
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Autonomous, self-starter able to identify key opportunities and areas of improvement and take proactive steps to implement improvements – manage cross functional/upwards as needed
- Positive attitude & eagerness to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively with team as well as independently
- Self-motivated, a “doer” and results driven
- Creative spirit and can-do attitude
- Works with integrity
Education / Experience Desired:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- CPG / Food & Beverage industry experience
Language / Mathematical / Reasoning Ability:
- Project management experience required
- Digital marketing agency experience preferred - Paid media, SEO, and/or email/SMS
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Shopify and SaaS web platforms preferred
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong communications skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to track and report on key performance indicators
- Knowledge of natural products industry a plus
- Experience in the Adobe creative suite a plus
- Extensive knowledge of SPINS, IRI or Nielsen syndicated data a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to grip and handle objects; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
Travel Required: Some travel required <20%
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Brand Director” in the subject line of email