About The Position
The Director of Operations role is a blend of operations and finance.
This role is primarily responsible for operations and supply chain with the additional involvement and support for the financial reporting function critical for business planning. Key focus will be to ensure cost-effective availability of finished goods through optimization of the entire US supply chain. The role is also responsible for developing and managing the on-time and in-full delivery of customer orders.
- Set clear goals and expectations for Managers and Supervisors. Measure performance, provide feedback, and hold leaders accountable.
- Establish a set of cascading operational KPIs and financial targets and monitor & achieve on a monthly basis.
- Create, establish, and manage the capacity and capability, including new equipment needs to meet fluctuating customer demands and growth of the organization, optimizing profitability.
- Drive production departments to achieve and surpass goals and objectives, that will maximize output and minimize cost, resulting in higher profitability.
- Create a culture of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement, including contributing to and supporting sales, product development, and new business development objectives as well as Lean Manufacturing
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing methods (e.g., Value Stream Maps, Kaizen, PDCA, 5S, Kanban, etc.) to identify, scope, and implement processes, technologies, and systems to continuously improve product quality as well as operational efficiency.
- Utilize process mapping to design or redesign processes to maximize throughput.
- Oversee the deployment and following of standardized work within the value stream operation.
- Ensure all non-value-added activities are reduced in all manufacturing processes through Kaizen events and lean tools. Implement manufacturing improvement processes to reduce inventory, increase throughput and minimize cost.
- Drive and promote work teams that react proactively to inefficiencies. Drive problem-solving and root cause identification of problems.
- Apply statistical principles to evaluate and solve process variability problems.
- Ensure all quality processes are followed to produce defect-free outputs that meet specifications.
- Establish and achieve the approved budget of the assigned operations, including developing and providing justification for the capital expenditure budget of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or postgraduate level education
- 5-7 years’ experience in Operations
- Previous experience driving operational efficiencies in a manufacturing environment
- Experience as the primary point of contact and manager of company suppliers, vendors, and co-packers
- Ability to manage third parties in the efficient and timely production of product to meet customer demand and maintain satisfactory inventory levels
- Strong communication skills are essential given the global, multi-country footprint of the business and management team
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage multiple programs
- Critical attention to detail and follow-up
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team, flat structure environment with the ability to get things done without the stress that can often be associated with supply chain and operational issues
- Highly analytical, organized, proactive, and motivated
- A positive, can-do attitude is essential along with initiative, superb planning skills, and the ability to anticipate and solve problems before they have the chance to have a negative business impact
- The secondary responsibility to support the business planning and reporting function, will mean the individual has well developed financial and quantitative skills