About The Position
The VP of Operations will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of multiple departments while also planning and implementing policies and procedures for continuous improvement, growth, and future projects.
The VP of Operations position reports to the Chief Operations Officer. The VP of Operations will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of multiple departments including operations, regulatory, quality, R&D, and Supply Chain. This candidate will also be responsible for planning and implementing policies and procedures for continuous improvement, growth, and future projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee the day-to-day operations of a food, dietary supplement, and cosmetic facility.
· Serve as key member of the facility leadership team in developing the company’s strategic direction, establishing priorities, policies, and procedures
· Continuously review and optimize all manufacturing processes to ensure the highest levels of operating efficiency
· Monitor and report on key metrics, i.e., margins, costs, and burdens
· Labor issues within each department including, but not limited to hiring, training, reviewing, firing, and scheduling
· Monitor and enforce adherence to policies and procedures
· Understand, follow, and implement all safety related standards and practices
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
· Ability to manage rapid growth in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to aid in team building and cooperative outcomes
· Excellent communication skills, written & oral
· Accountability- proactively handle assigned duties and take ownership for outcomes and needed follow up
· Operate with a sense of urgency, completing tasks and making decisions efficiently and effectively
· Proactive- look for areas where contributions may be needed, anticipate need outside of assigned tasks
· Excellent analytical skills, understanding key metrics and importance of accuracy in reporting
· Excellent team builder with the ability to evaluate and empower employees
· Team oriented and ability to work effectively with a diverse population
· Operate with integrity in all situations. Values open communication
· Open minded, willing to consider other perspectives that may be different
· Microsoft computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE/TRAINING REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
· 5+ years operations management experience preferred
· 10+ years managing teams larger than 20 people
· Previous CPG and/or manufacturing experience preferred
· Knowledge of GMPs, sanitation, and organic production
· Knowledge of Safe Quality Food or other food safety certifications
· Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
· Great team culture and environment
· Competitive salary and bonus options, as well as PTO
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, plus 100% paid dental, vision, and life insurances. Short term disability included.
· IRA match contributions
· Flexible work-form-home for qualified candidates
· Company fun outings and paid volunteer days
ABOUT BENEFICIAL BLENDS
· Beneficial Blends is the premier manufacturer of high quality, customized products with beneficial health attributes including edible oils and fats, CBD, dietary supplements, cosmetics, and aromatherapy products. Founded in 2009, we started our business to solve problems for consumers. Making the world a better, healthier, and happier place is our goal. Beneficial Blends
· We have been recognized within our industry for excellence in manufacturing as well as sustained revenue growth including recognition on the Inc 5000 and Tampa Bay Business Journal Fast 50, for five consecutive years.
· Beneficial Blends encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
· Working environment: While performing the duties of this job, tasks require working in a manufacturing environment where appropriate attire and safety equipment are required.
· Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.