Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Warehouse Operator
The following positionis open in Clermont Kentucky , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
Opportunity to work for the World's Greatest Bourbon company and advance your career.
Being a part of a transformation of the bourbon industry into an efficient and effective operation. Role Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Rolling of barrels for either entry into the warehouse for maturing or withdraw for processing
- Reviewing daily reports to ensure barrels are entered and withdrawn from the assigned warehouse and location accurately
- Check barrels for leaks and follow proper procedures to mitigate loss of liquid
- Maneuver barrels in ricks alone due to space limitation.
- Operate of RFID scanners
- Mechanical aptitude; must be able to learn and use warehouse equipment to include escalator, elevator, pumpkin and low-rater
- Set barrels at a minimum rate of ninety-six (96) barrels per hour in an eight (8) hour shift using the escalator machine
- Drive company owned vehicle to include DOT/HAZMAT certification (site specific)
- Must have a basic understanding of hand tools and be able to operate them such as crow bar and hammer
- Must not be afraid of heights or working in high areas
- Work in a team environment with a continuous improvement mindset
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to perform basic math functions
- Ability to be certified for your department (if applicable)
- Sanitation duties to keep working area clean and organized always.
- Safety is everyone's responsibility; identify risks and report violations, near misses, or injuries immediately.
- Knowledge of GMP's, safety standards, quality standards and demonstrated ability to react and communicate effectively to issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Average to above average attendance and performance/safety records
- Successful completion to become DOT certified (site specific)
- Ability to obtain HAZMAT certification within the first week
- Bennett Mechanical: 50% minimum (34 out of 68)
- Predictive Index Survey (PI) (if applicable)
- Valid driver's license (if applicable)
- DOT recertification (site specific)
- Display a team work attitude
- Demonstrate the ability to read, write, and comprehend English with understanding as it relates to job tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with internal and external stakeholders
Be able to physically perform all aspects of the position. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Roll 500 lb. barrels
- Lift 50 lbs. on a constant basis and 65 lbs occasionally from floor to shoulder height. When situations arise where you are required to lift more than 50 lbs., It is recommended you use any Company provided equipment that you are qualified to operate, or the lift should be performed by two employees.
- Climb a minimum of nine (9) flights of stairs in succession
- Stand for long periods of time, bend, and stoop
- Good balance (some work surfaces may be uneven)
- Acceptable (or corrected) visual acuity and depth perception
- Acceptable (or corrected) hearing
- Ability to fit into small spaces (ricks)
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.