Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Warehouse Forklift Operator
The following positionis open in Kentucky , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
Starting Wage $21.76
Opportunity to work for the World's Greatest Bourbon company and advance your career.
Being a part of a transformation of the bourbon industry into an efficient and effective operation. Role Responsibilities
These are the essential functions of the position but not limited to these activities:
Qualifications & Experience PRE-EMPLOYMENT CRITERIA
- Operate the warehouse forklift to "enter" "re-gauge" or unload new barrels.
- Perform pre-use checks on the forklift and replenish oil, fuel and fluids of the forklift as instructed.
- Must be able to unload new empty barrels at a minimum rate of 900 - 1400 (site specific) barrels per eight (8) hour day.
- At a minimum, must store barrels properly and neatly at a minimum rate of 900 barrels per eight (8) hour day in the correct bay and module.
- Must keep an exact log each day of number, locations of entries and on removal of barrels must follow inspection dates as requested.
- Must stage barrels so that truck can be unloaded without delay.
- Must be alert to any barrels not properly palletized which could cause problems in storage.
- Operator shall be especially watchful that pallets which have knotholes or other weakness are not used for this operation.
- Operator should report all problems with palletizer machine or forklift immediately to the supervisor.
- Ability to be certified for your department (if applicable)
- Sanitation duties to keep working area clean and organized always.
- Safety is everyone's responsibility; identify risks and report violations, near misses, or injuries immediately.
- Knowledge of GMP's, safety standards, quality standards and demonstrated ability to react and communicate effectively to issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Average to above average attendance and performance/safety records
- Bennett Mechanical: 50% Minimum
- PI Predictive Index Survey - evaluates behavioral traits (if required)
- Valid driver's license (if applicable)
- Display a team work attitude
- Demonstrate the ability to read, write, and comprehend English with understanding as it relates to job tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to mount and dismount forklift.
- Must be able to work in high places.
Be able to physically perform all aspects of the position. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Roll 500 lb. barrels
- Lift 40 lbs. on a constant basis and 60 lbs occasionally from floor to shoulder height. When situations arise where you are required to lift more than 50 lbs., It is recommended you use any Company provided equipment that you are qualified to operate, or the lift should be performed by two employees.
- Climb a minimum of two flights of stairs in succession
- Able to bend and stoop.
- Must be able to work in extremely hot, cold and dusty conditions.
- Ability to report to work and stay for duration of the day.
- Have acceptable (or corrected) visual acuity and depth perception. Have acceptable (or corrected) hearing.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.