Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
The following positionis open in Chicago, Illinois. -Supply Planning AnalystWhat makes this a great opportunity?
At Beam Suntory, we believe in hard work, a fun environment, and the kind of creativity and innovation that only comes about when talented people from diverse backgrounds approach problems for varying perspectives.
- The Ideal candidate must be passionate about day-to-day interfacing with internal and external customers. This position will support control state inventory replenishment through the O2C process. Primary role focuses on commercial collaboration, utilizing a sales forecast to plan inventory replenishment, investigate reconciliation issues, process returns, and action slow moving inventory.
Qualifications & Experience
- Responsible for managing Bailment (consigned goods) inventory levels by reviewing sales forecast data (with consideration for upcoming price changes, sales, and seasonality trends) with the goal to meet demand, maintain established inventory targets, and minimize costs while working closely with Commercial, Logistics, Planning, and Operations
- Regular review of inventory related to returns, slow moving product, conversion of VAP inventory or package configurations, delisted inventory, discontinued inventory, or product beyond shelf life, actioning inventory transfers and/or disposition in a timely fashion, ensuring proper inventory levels
- Research inventory discrepancies related to the reconciliation process to determine the root cause of imbalances to ensure prompt correction of these issues, further addressing root cause to ensure mitigation of repeat discrepancy issues
- Build and maintain relationships among Operations, Commercial, Logistics, GBS, Market Readiness, RGM, Commercial Finance, Demand Planning, and all other relevant departments, Distributors/States, and suppliers.
- Manage and update warehouse and sku-specific data elements to support MRP, APO/SAP system and allow for effective planning and execution. Also support ongoing process improvements in SAP/APO and reporting tools.
- Alert and communicate any issues involving delays, special customer requirements, or impact to effective dates
- Review with cross functional teams any allocated product or VAPs to ensure in-field and effective dates for items are being rolled out timely. Manage innovation items using forecast and ensure initial quantities are in line. Alert Commercial Finance and Demand Planning of allocation issues.
- Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles that would impact supply of goods in bailment when they occur within the supply chain
- Collaborate on or lead projects within the replenishment team and/or work with cross functional teams to create efficiencies, improve processes, or ensure adherence of activities
- Action any sku substitution or plant outage issues by reviewing and revising orders daily to maximize shipment and reduce market impact of any delays.
- Process service receipts (create an annual PO and adjust as necessary) and process appropriate financial invoices related to charges or activity within Bailment based on the ownership of each warehouse in a timely manner.
- Timely creation and revision of SOP's to ensure new and revised processes and/or transactions are correctly documented and available for future reference.
- Track and publish KPI performance against targets and identify/report on root cause and corrective actions during monthly EOM meetings with SR Director and/or Commercial
- Direct report to Bailment Replenishment Senior Manager
- Works closely with Commercial, Operations, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Distributors, GBS, Finance, Logistics, and Supply Chain Departments
- Closely interfaces with state warehouses, 3PL, key brokers/distributor partners
- Two years of experience in replenishment or analytic related role. Spirits industry experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in business related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Express ideas clearly, communicate effectively, practice attentive and active listening, and achieve mutual understanding through written and verbal communication as a competent and articulate writer of business letters, presentations and proposals.
- Ensures current procedures, policies, and processes are being followed while working within team environment to improve efficiencies.
- Displays strong leadership, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Capable of working both independently and collaboratively on regular and miscellaneous work assignments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, hectic, changing environment.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow-up on multiple tasks/details with accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization and work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively analyze data to make sound business decisions.
- Display Beam Suntory behaviors to create a corporative and synergistic atmosphere.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, MRP/ERP (SAP a plus), Microsoft project suite, APICS certification a plus.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.