Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Shipping and Receiving AdministratorWhat makes this a great opportunity?
- The spirits industry is an exciting, dynamic, and fast-paced business. Beam Suntory is a top player in the spirits business and focused on driving both category and brand growth.
- Opportunity to work closely with internal teams to support the creation and launch of new and exciting products.
Qualifications & Experience
- Coordinate all incoming and outgoing shipments, ensuring proper paperwork and transactions are in accordance with policies and procedures of the department and laws pertaining to shipping alcohol.
- Accurately receive packages, unpack incoming materials, and distribute flavors, ingredients, and other items within R&D. Communicate arrival of all other packages within GIC (Global Innovation Center) to ensure S&R area and Processing lab stays clear and organized to sustain efficiency.
- Proactively order & stock supplies and materials to maintain a well-organized operation of the product laboratory and storage areas and communicate shortages.
- Coordinate and assist special projects and large shipments, to include consumer testing and Sales Samples.
- Assist Lab and Documentation Coordinator with continuous improvement of current technical specifications as needed to compile technically accurate documentation for current formulations.
- Participate actively in team building and broader Beam Suntory and external initiatives
- Work Experience in Shipping & Receiving and inventory management preferred.
- Understanding or appreciation of 5S pillars, Sort (Seiri),Set in Order (Seiton), Shine (Seiso), Standardize (Seiketsu), and Sustain (Shitsuke), preferred.
- Minimal Travel, mainly local Kentucky area but some domestic U.S. travel may be required
- Legally able (legal drinking age) and willing to consume alcoholic beverage samples in accordance with evaluation/research needs.
- Must be an organized self-starter, flexible and can multi-task in a fast pace environment while focusing on accuracy and efficiency. Become known as the resource people can count on for packages and supplies within Research & Development.
- Ability to develop strong working knowledge of general GIC procedures, FedEx, UPS and USPS software. Knowledgeable in Excel, Word and related programs for organizing data and summarizing information.
- Ability to take and pass HazMat shipping class for domestic and international shipments.
- Team player with collaborative style and good listening skills. Culturally sensitive and proven ability to understand and work well with others. Ability to perform tasks independently and efficiently, paying close attention to detail and procedures.
- Strong communication skills in working with others.
- Physically fit for work, position involves frequent movement to include carrying or lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Technical (software) aptitude and experience required.
- High School diploma required
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.