Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Senior Supply Planning & Analytics CoE Manager, NA
The following positionis open in Illinois , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
As a world leader in premium spirits, Beam Suntory inspires human connecti ons. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company's brands,including the iconic Jim Beam and Maker's Mark Bourbon brands, Suntory Whisky Kakubin and Courvoisier Cognac, as well as world renowned premium brandsincluding Knob Creek, Basil Hayden's and Legent Bourbon; Yamazaki, Hakushu, Hibiki and Toki Japanese Whisky; Teacher's, Laphroaig and Bowmore ScotchWhisky; Canadian Club Whisky; Hornitos and Sauza Tequila; EFFEN, Haku and Pinnacle Vodka; and Sipsmith and Roku Gin.
Beam Suntory was created in 2014 by combining the world leader in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky to form a new company with a deepheritage, passion for quality, innovati ve spirit and vision of Growing for Good. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of SuntoryHoldings Limited of Japan. Our culture is anchored deeply in a set of cor
e values, including our East-Meets-West Culture, Yatt e Minahare spirit, Giving Back toSociety, Delighti ng Consumers, responsibly and Embracing Diversity & Inclusion.Role Responsibilities Responsibilities
Beam Suntory has committed to a 5-stage Global Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Process to support the new Brand House Operating model. The S&OP Process is an enterprise-wide integrated business planning process (IBP) for Beam Suntory to manage the delivery of its business goals and commitments over the 3-year strategic planning process. The development of Beam Suntory's S&OP Process globally will require the implementation of a business transformation program. Beam Suntory's S&OP Process needs to evolve globally from the supply-chain focus of demand-supply join-up to a cross-functionally-aligned IBP process that consistently engages the key functions of Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain and Finance. The newly formed Global S&OP CoE/BPO function is essential to the development and implementation of the Global S&OP business transformation program. The Sr Manager, Global S&OP CoE/BPO - Supply Planning & Analytics is a critical leadership role for this new function.
The Sr Manager, Global S&OP CoE/BPO - Supply Planning & Analytics is a manager-level position who has experience in leading implementations of S&OP with specific expertise in Supply Planning and Supply Reviews. This position will be accountable for managing the implementation of the Global S&OP Program to drive continuous improvement by leveraging best practices for the critical Supply Planning stage of the S&OP Process. In addition, this position must be knowledgeable in the following:
- Drivers for OU master scheduling from long-term rough-cut capacity planning to short-term finite scheduling
- Operational aspects of OU Supply Planning, including the drivers of manufacturing execution management; understanding of Liquid planning & management is also preferred
- Integrated reconciliation specific to Risks & Opportunities determined in the Supply Review stage
The Sr Manager, Global S&OP CoE/BPO - Supply Planning & Analytics will collaborate with the S&OP Leadership as well as Supply Chain leaders in the regions and OU supply planning leaders to manage the implementation of the business transformation program specific to Supply Planning. This position will have shared goals, business metrics and KPIs with the S&OP Leadership in all regions. These goals, business metrics and KPIs will be defined in the agreed-to Global S&OP Process transformation roadmap.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Global S&OP Transformation Roadmap : Support the multi-year transformation roadmap in collaboration with S&OP Leadership in the regions. Incorporate the feedback from the regions into the design process to ensure the Blueprint is technically feasible, globally. The roadmap will encompass cross-functional projects that cover:
- Process improvements based on insights from KPIs and external best practices
- Systems functionality driven by the process design and knowledge of advancements in digital technology
- Organization change management defining new ways of working and talent development & training based on the implementation of process and system improvements
- Program Management & Execution : Collaborating with S&OP leadership, Supply Chain leaders and OU leaders in the regions to manage the implementation of Supply Planning-specific projects defined in the aforementioned roadmap. Provide regular updates on these projects to the CoE and the Regional leadership teams.
- Best Practices & External Benchmarking : Developing and leveraging a professional network to identify best practices as an essential approach to continuously improve Beam Suntory's supply planning capabilities globally. Assess Beam Suntory's supply planning capabilities against external benchmarks as a critical input to drive continuous improvement.
- Business Process Ownership: Decision-maker on Beam Suntory's S&OP Process specific to supply planning & analytics design and technology, including standard definition of KPIs and metrics.
- Continuous Improvement : Leveraging business metrics and KPIs to define improvement opportunities. Support the development of the business case required for project approval, which will include IT and resource investments.
- People Management: Set goals for direct reports. Support the talent assessment and development for the Global S&OP CoE/BPO team. Foster strong engagement by proactively embracing our Beam Suntory leadership behaviors and our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
This position will report to the Director, Supply Planning & Analytics . Major Interfaces
Qualifications & Experience
- S&OP Leaders in the NA, Int'l and Japan/China/Emerging Asia regions
- OU Supply Planning Leaders
- Regional and BU Finance Leaders
- Regional and BU Supply Chain Leaders
- Regional and BU HR Leaders
- IT Leaders for Finance and Supply Chain
- 8+ years of demonstrated operational performance in Supply Planning for manufacturing plants with significant volume and SKU complexity
- Demonstrated performance in leading business transformation projects specific to Supply Planning
- Experience with SAP ECC and SAP APO
- Strong knowledge in Digital Technology
- Strong knowledge in Supply Planning best practices and proven application of these practices
- Demonstrated performance in leading Supply Planning continuous improvement
- Outstanding capabilities in developing talent
- Demonstrated focus on team goals vs individual accomplishments - "we over me"
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Highly collaborative and development of business partnerships
- Highly collaborative and development of business partnerships
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Highly effective conflict resolution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated flexibility in easily moving between strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.