Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Senior Regulatory Specialist - Clermont, KY.What makes this a great opportunity?
- The alc/bev industry is an exciting, dynamic, and fast paced business. Beam Suntory is a top player in the spirits business and focused on driving both category and brand growth
- This individual will serve as an integral part of the Regulatory team and provide global regulatory guidance throughout all stages of new product development and amendments from ideation to post launch for complex projects
- Collaborate with a diverse network of leaders across the organization to commercialize products
- As part of the Global R&D team, ability to provide input and influence overall global process improvements
As part of the Global R&D team, the Senior Regulatory Specialist will combine scientific, regulatory, and business knowledge to ensure products sold globally comply within the production and country of sale to enable BSI's growth ambitions
The Senior Regulatory Specialist will lead discussions between Innovation, Commercial, R&D, Legal, and other relevant internal and external global partners to provide regulatory input, risk assessment and management, rationale, and implement solutions
This role provides broad exposure to every facet of the organization and requires a person with clear and concise cross functional communication to drive a meaningful discussion as it relates to project risk, compliance, and quality
This position requires a person with considerable initiative, independent judgment, and the capability to manage multiple competing priorities while at the same time maintaining commitment to quality in processes, products, and services..
- Provides regulatory input and technical guidance for BSI. Works on regulatory submissions and registrations that support new product development and amendments to existing products
- Reviews, clears, and approves product formulas for sale in a desired market as well as formula specification for regulatory compliance
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders to provide regulatory impacts to business. Generate workstreams and action plans to assure compliance to new and changing regulations
- Works cross functionally and identifies issues that may delay timelines, provide solutions to difficult technical/functional issues associated with specific projects, as well as support the resolution of issues that arise
- Support pipeline of projects through reviewing, annotating and approving packaging materials required to commercialize the product
- Manages the analysis of highly confidential strategic initiatives for divestitures and acquisitions, ensuring the products meet regulatory requirements for the industry as well as BSI
- Interprets and provides guidance and options for global government regulations applicable to industry standards
- Create and maintain technical documentation for product import and export
- Accountable for regulatory specifications in global specification system and ensures specification are accurate for local market
- Participates in team building within Global R&D, broader Beam Suntory initiatives, and external seminars for engagement and development
- Consistent and clear communication appropriate for a broad range of levels from entry level to executives
- Continuous improvement mindset and ability to learn from past projects and find ways to reduce complexity within the regulatory team
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions.Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a science or technical field preferred
- Ideal candidate has 8 plus years of Regulatory experience in a Food, Beverage, Alcohol, OTC, and/or CPG company. Global experience a strong plus.
- Extensive knowledge of TTB formula and label regulations desired
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations as they relate to alcoholic beverages a plus
- Desire to help build and maintain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture within Global R&D and broader Beam Suntory
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.