Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Senior Marketing Director, East GBUWhat makes this a great opportunity?
Beam Suntory is the third largest Premium Spirits company in the world. We are an organization that creates brands that are a part of celebrations and our culture reflects this.
The East GBU is the largest in the U.S. representing over 30% of the commercial business. Working with 15 markets this roles offers a dynamic and broad understanding of the U.S. business with large opportunities across different markets and a growing and diverse consumer base.
This leadership role is a key point of contact for our U.S. business and is responsible for building accelerated market strategies premiumization and long term growth across the BSI portfolio of premium brands
The role will interact with key stakeholders in the U.S. leadership team, Commercial teams and the National and Global Brand House team. Role Responsibilities Role Mission
- The GBU Marketing team is responsible for collaborating with National Marketing teams and Sales in planning, developing, managing and evaluating Regional marketing plans and driving best in class execution in their respective region/markets.
- The Senior Marketing Director leads the marketing agenda for the BSI portfolio in the region and acts as a key support to the GM in developing growth strategy for the region.
- Working with the national marketing teams the Senior Marketing Director drives development and execution of brand strategies in-line with the Global Brand House strategies and assets.
- The Senior Marketing Director is the lead between National Marketing and the commercial team in building regional marketing plans.
- Provide market-level intel and POV to inform National Brand/Portfolio strategies and annual operating plans.
- Provide Regional prioritization of Brand Investment, programming and sales priorities to drive alignment across national and local business objectives.
- Develop, communicate and execute a coordinated Regional level marketing strategy and plan that is aligned with regional sales priorities across the portfolio.
- Work closely with RGM, Sales Leaders and Distributor partners to clearly understand market level goals & objectives.
- Oversee the development, planning and execution of Regional multicultural marketing strategy and activations in targeted geographies and accounts.
- Leads communication of national and regional marketing programs to Regional Sales teams and key Distributor partners, including regional programs, new packaging, Visual IDs, innovations and other key initiatives.
Management, Execution & Evaluation of Plans and Programs
- Overall ownership, management and allocation of Brand Investment budgets within Region, to deliver regional brand plans and the creation of local assets, shopper & experiential programming as well as sponsorship activation.
- Work with BI Analyst and GBU Marketing leads in Brand Management, Market Management and Multicultural Marketing to set local budgets and allocate funds according to regional priorities.
- Oversee best in class execution of marketing programming within the region. Ensuring each marketing initiative is fully integrated and will provide consumers with a unique experience that differentiates Beam brands from competitors.
- Ensuring local activations are aligned to the overarching marketing strategy and achieve maximum ROI.
- Ensure sales teams & distributor partners are aware of and have access to assets including POS and other sell-in materials.
- Oversee key sponsorships and partnerships agreements within the region and ensure they are aligned to marketing priorities and deliver meaningful ROI.
- Working with regional sales, distributor and finance teams to track, measure and evaluate effective of regional programs and activations.
Qualifications & Experience Qualifications & Experience
- The SMD leads the full GBU Marketing team including 8 direct reports and approximately 25 indirect reports.
- Provides effective leadership, coaching & development of direct reports.
- Promotes and instills a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion within the team.
- Bachelor's Degree. MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of marketing experience in a similar role preferably within beverage alcohol or CPG industry with experience in the distributor/wholesaler distribution system.
- Cross-functional Marketing experience and skillset such as brand, trade marketing and channel.
- Experience operating in a matrix organization and the ability to interact, engage and influence sales, finance, central marketing teams, and external partners (e.g. Distributors and agency partners).
- Proven track record of leading, building and coaching high functioning teams
- Excellent teamwork, strong communication skills and effective interpretation and presentation of financial information
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.