Senior Financial Analyst
What makes this a great opportunity?
The Total Cost Analyst will be responsible for maintaining complete and accurate costing data for new innovations and base products within the brand portfolio and supporting development of annual supply chain standard costs as well as performing ad-hoc costing data analysis.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Product Costing, the Senior Total Cost Analyst will have the opportunity to influence and improve standard costing processes, analytics, and controls. The role will work directly with North American Supply Chain Finance and cross functionally with various global organizations.
End to End Product Costing Management:
- Maintain complete and accurate cost of goods manufactured (COGM) and cost of goods sold (COGS) data within SAP via bill of material and pricing condition maintenance.
- Accurate and timely product costing in SAP for new / innovation SKUs.
- Timely updates for changes requested to current standards within service level agreements.
- Accurately and timely quote cost requests to global commercial or supply chain business partners.
- Complete ad hoc cost analysis to support the Sr. Manager, Global Product Costing.
- Compile data from SAP and external files, synthesize, and identify trends or issues. Perform "what if" scenarios (e.g., impact on total cost due to bill of material or standard price changes) to support strategic decision making for Financial Planning & Analysis and Finance Business Partners.
- Investigate and resolve costing issues within, and outside of, SAP.
- Lead Intercompany Bulk costing and interface with other departments to ensure the accuracy of COGS and financial reporting and auditing standards.
Annual Budgeting and Strategic Planning:
- Support the end-to-end annual budget process in SAP to determine Cost of Goods Manufactured (COGM) with all North America locations.
- Prepare and/or gather Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) pricing conditions.
- Complete cost run analytics by location.
- Implement/adhere to transfer pricing guidelines to drive out intercompany profit.
- Collaborate with the finance teams on cost models and Commercial File inputs/builds.
- Provide support, inputs and analytics to the strategic planning process for COGM/COGS.
- Lead Global COGS modeling efforts for 12 Year Brand House, Big Rocks, Strat Plan and Final Plan analytics and work closely with the Senior Global Costing Process Owner to prepare and manage the COGS reporting activities.
- Back up and support other costing team members, assist with leading key budget deliverables and managing key budget deadlines.
Costing Process Improvements:
- Maintain or improve upon standard operating procedures utilized by the costing team.
- Identify and recommend costing process improvements to drive efficiencies, standardization, or accuracy/timeliness.
- Support special projects outside of day-to-day costing activities, as necessary and lead process improvement efforts.
Controls and Risk Management:
- Complete month end activities and controls, including costing data integrity audits.
- Identify and prepare necessary adjusting journal entries.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of effective and efficient controls over the standard costs and current versions standards used in production.
- Support/coordinate entity specific internal and external audits.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years of product costing and/or supply chain financial analysis.
- Advanced excel skills and Power BI knowledge required.
- SAP, Business Intelligence and Microsoft Excel / Word/ PowerPoint application experience required.
- Focus on data analytics, ability to summarize and make sense of large data sets and effectively communicate findings to key stakeholders.
- Forward thinking - challenges the status quo and proactively and creatively identifies opportunities for improvement
- Quickly adapts to changing circumstances and accelerates the change effort
- Acts with, and delivers on commitments, with a sense of urgency
- Develops comprehensive and actionable work plans and prioritizes multiple tasks effectively
- Solicits and obtains input from team members and stakeholders (including business units and other functions) and synthesizes data effectively as basis for good decision making
- Builds and leverages relationships across boundaries with key stakeholders by developing formal and informal networks to share best practices and gain consensus
- Able to work in the details of an issue, but also step out and see "bigger picture" and downstream impacts of decision making.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.