Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Regional Brand Manager, HOS CV Scotch - WestWhat makes this a great opportunity?
Lead the development and support the execution of the regional marketing strategy on the large andexcitingHouse of Suntory, Courvoisier, and Scotch
product portfolio delivering against market plans, KPIs, brand health and volume/sales/profit growth objectives each year.This position will be based out of the Beam Suntory Los Angelesoffice. Highlights include:
- The spirits industry is an exciting, dynamic, and fast-paced business.Beam Suntory is a top player in the spirits business and focused on driving both category and brand growth.
- Opportunity for you to work on some of the fastest growing, highest priority categories in spirits - to set and implement regional brand strategy in conjunction with cross-functionals (Sales, Commercial Marketing, Finance, Consumer Insights, etc.)
- Sit on the Regional Marketing Leadership Team and participate as a key stakeholder in the Regional Commercial team.
- Responsibility to lead cross-functional teams and external agencies to develop regional brand plans, driving a key strategic priority for Beam Suntory: localization to brand led, market fed
- Ownership on key regional projects, with the autonomy to drive decisions
- Opportunity to provide regional category expertise and provide input into the national brand strategy
- Lead brand building efforts in the region for ourCV & HOSproduct portfolio creating the regional plan and strategy to drive strong consumer connections
- Serve as critical in-market liaison to facilitate communication, planning, and execution between National Marketing team and the East region team
- Deliver market-relevant insights to further drive the portfolio
- Analyze key business metrics (depletions, distribution, velocity, Nielsen, pricing, profit, etc.). Prepare analysis and make recommendations for action.
- Analyze and make recommendations on competitive activities including product, pricing, promotion (consumer and trade) and distribution
- Detailed budget management and forecasting, working closely with finance partners to actively and accurately monitor ROI and spend
- Lead strategic and regional brand planning
- Lead market communication plans to include: working with Market Managers marketing on program development and execution, and ensuring all marketing touchpoints (advertising, media, PR, experiential events, sampling, etc.) are in alignment with national brand strategies and tailored to the region
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities, develop recommendations, and execute region-specific marketing plans
- Provide in-market brand expertise to the regional sales and field marketing teams
- Provide regional insights, analytics and strategic guidance and expertise to national brand teams
- Facilitate exchange of information (competitive, inventory, product quality, etc.)
- Build relationships with cross-functional partners, including National and Commerical Marketing, Marketing Managers, Commercial Planning, Sales, and Distributors
Qualifications & Experience
- Partner with Marketing Management Team on implementing on and off-premise plans in addition to non-premise and eCommerce programs
- Develop regional marketing programs that effectively target consumers and engage key stakeholders (i.e. retailer, bartender, distributor) in market, ensuring they are on strategy with national brand plans
- 4-6 years consumer marketing experience with premium, luxury goods or services
- MBA preferred
- Travel 20-25% mainly domestic
- Proven ability to execute brand/marketing projects that align with overall Brand strategy
- Self-starter with an ability to deal with ambiguity and lead a team within a new strategic role within the organization
- Experience repositioning brands locally
- Demonstrated experience in working across and up an organization, gaining credibility amongst peers, managers and other commercial leadership
- Experience working in or with commercial sales or field marketing a desired
- Multicultural marketing experience a plus
- Experience with beverage alcohol industry and/or three-tiered distribution system a plus (soft drinks, beer, and other wholesale-distributed products)
- Sound written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated personal characteristics to be brand evangelist to local teams
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.