Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Ready To Drink (RTD) Packaging Engineer IIWhat makes this a great opportunity?
BeamSuntory is dedicated to becoming a leader in the Ready to Drink category this position will ensure that the packaging is the right fit and meets the global standard quality expectations to allow BSI to meet their goals. Ensuring BeamSuntory packaging is of the highest quality standards from "seed to sip." Develop innovative solutions for primary and secondary packaging for the RTD (Ready to Drink) brand house, Operating Units and Co-manufacturing sites. Leveraging Suntory Monozukuri values to partner with BSI stakeholders across the business. Create an environment of collaborative team spirit with Supply Chain and Global Quality through timely and effective communication and collaboration.Role Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualification of new co-mans, or in some instances bringing in new packaging capabilities in house
- Create or request packaging specifications from Co-man - depending on the project
- Create BOM and Case Finished Goods (CFG) spec
- Incoming Can Quality Checks for lab samples, pilot lab productions and productions in an OU/Co-man
- Responsible for testing and qualifying all new packaging components, including can liners to ensure compatible with our products.
- On-site support for all new RTD 1st productions at BSI locations, Co-mans or if new packaging materials, at our suppliers 1st production.
- Contact testing of new suppliers
- Ensure suppliers are compliant with global standards
- Innovation facilitation (with Procurement and brand teams)
- Partner with Marketing, Quality and OU's to identify design improvement opportunities to be integrated into future design work with our supplier's
- Keeping a sustainable mindset and offering sustainable options as part of packaging options.
- Previous experience with ready to drink packaging
- Demonstrated knowledge of packaging development, specification development, qualification/commissioning plans and packaging test methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of cans, cartons, corrugated packaging, and labels
- Demonstrated understanding and application of technical skills including understanding of a broad set packaging engineering related skills such as
- Statistical process control
- Formal risk assessment
- Process capability
- Demonstrated root cause analysis and Six Sigma problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of packaging with carbonated liquids
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team environment, communicating with stake holders and vendors while working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, TOPS, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat software
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Must be able to multitask and be resilient when faced with change
- Must be able to travel approximately 35%
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Package Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- Master's degree would be a plus
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.