Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Project Manager, RTD, North AmericaWhat makes this a great opportunity?
Jim Beam is a highly innovative, but lean Company and the role of Contract Manufacturing provides a platform for personal development in several different areas of expertise that allow for personal growth as well as supporting Beam's needs.
This position will provide Beam with a direct point person for all GPC North America RTD (Ready-To-Drink) Projects to manage the project milestones related to contract manufacturing, developing budgeting and cost improvement programs at each contract manufacturer to align to Beam Strategy for Best Value to the Shareholders. Role Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Supports strategic initiatives, including regional sales growth, product line extensions, and entry into new product categories.
- Owns relationships with external manufacturers and acts as a liaison between Co-Man and all relevant BSI departments.
- Establishes a program of key performance indicators and monitors manufacturing performance with a focus on cost optimization
- Works with Quality Managers to develop technical manuals and audits external manufacturing sites.
- Organizes regularly scheduled meetings between BSI and Co-Man quality and food safety teams to ensure systems and procedures continue to progress toward best practices.
- Collaborates with Supply and Demand Planning Teams to ensure forecast signals to co-manufacturers are accurate and comply with contract requirements.
- Develops rapport with senior management of co-manufacturing partners to establish BSI as a preferred customer regardless of contract obligations.
- Travels regularly to all co-manufacturing facilities to maintain presence and ensure processes remain in compliance with the manufacturing agreement.
- Assists BSI manufacturing team to evaluate internal vs. external solutions
- Participates on all core team calls to ensure project is aligned with the capabilities of the selected Co-Man.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering or Procurement required.
- A minimum 5 years' experience with Operations, Planning, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering or related role required. Experience should include:
- 2 years' experience with project management and/or managing suppliers.
- 1 year experience in Contract Negotiations.
- Must be able to travel up to 45% of the time to both Beam Facilities and to Contract Manufacturers.
- Desired Requirements:
- 2 years' experience in Contract Manufacturing.
- 3 years' experience in Contract Negotiations.
- 3 years' experience with a Consumer Product Company.
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.