Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Palletizer Operator
The following position is is open in Kentucky , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
Opportunity to work for the World's Best Bourbon Company.Role Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Operate palletizers, conveyor systems in an orderly, productive and efficient manner. Responsible for set up, operation and running adjustments on palletizers and conveyors.
- Check line schedule and make necessary palletizer programming and adjustments for proper pattern and height.
- Observe, remove and report to line supervisor if receiving damaged cases or cases with open flaps.
- Hand stacking fallen or broken cases on pallets and moving full pallets on and off conveyors when necessary.
- Remove damaged cases from area by pallet.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment using any available methods or tools.
- When malfunctions occur, correct in a timely manner.
- Keep enough pallets on hand to maintain production requirements including regular, head treated and Canada pallets.
- Operator must be able to efficiently operate electric and propane forklifts.
- Maintain and resupply palletizer and labeler glue as needed. Ensure PSI is at proper levels. Exchange glue barrels according to expiration guidelines.
- Maintain forklift daily check list.
- Perform PM duties including oiling chains, checking conditions of conveyor rollers, belts, chains, cables, and any other necessary equipment except for any electrical work.
- Ability to be certified for your department (if applicable)
- Sanitation duties to keep working area clean and organized always.
- Safety is everyone's responsibility; identify risks and report violations, near misses, or injuries immediately.
- Knowledge of GMP's, safety standards, quality standards and demonstrated ability to react and communicate effectively to issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Must have ability to perform math functions.
• Display a team work attitude
• Demonstrate the ability to read, write, and comprehend English with understanding as it relates to job tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with internal and external stakeholders
Be able to physically perform all aspects of the position. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Lift 50 lbs. on a constant basis and 70 lbs. on an occasional basis, from floor to shoulder height. When situations arise where you are required to lift more than 50 lbs., It is recommended you use any Company provided equipment that you are qualified to operate, or the lift should be performed by two employees.
• Climb a minimum of two flights of stairs in succession.
• Able to bend and stoop constantly.
• Must be physically agile to mount and dismount fork truck and palletizers on a constant basis.
• Have acceptable (or corrected) visual acuity and depth perception. Have acceptable (or corrected) hearing.
• Ability to report to work and stay for duration of the day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position is defined as a safety-sensitive position. Majority of the employee's responsibilities include operating company machinery that can have disastrous consequences.
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
• Average to above average attendance and performance/safety records
• PI Predictive Index Survey - evaluates behavioral traits (if required)
• Valid driver's license (if applicable)
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.