Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Frankfort Kentucky
, United States .Packaging Engineer-Frankfort Plant Mission
Packaging Engineer will lead and deliver the creation of innovative consumer and customer driven new packages/platforms, quality improvements, alternate supply and cost savings to drive Beam profitable growth.
This role will create a strong and productive partnership with operations, marketing/business teams, finance, sourcing and others, providing packaging technical thought leadership and leverage cross functional partnerships to both effectively move assigned projects forward, as well as improve and streamline related business processes.
Role will also actively partner with external suppliers and development companies to identify, design, test, and integrate new packaging ideas including, but not limited to, new technologies, components and materials. This is a great opportunity because...
This position has a technical leadership role in identifying and creating innovative new packages aligned to overall Beam strategy and go to market process, enhanced through developing and fostering internal and external partnerships.
Technical leadership role on projects with moderate complexity, such ascost initiatives, line extensions, and new package development; working closely with key business partners to develop fast prototypes/models, define package design and technical requirements, development project timelines, cost/margin goals, risks and contingency plans.
Direct accountability for technical development and implementation as part of a cross functional project team, translating consumer/customer needs into relevant package design elements meeting consumer, cost, quality, and regulatory requirements from ideation through commercialization, following commercialization, qualification and verification protocols.
Accountable to develop component and final package specifications on new or revised products as required; providing performance based specifications aligned to equipment tolerances, specification ownership and proprietary advantage where applicable to protect investments and block competitive potential.
Key partner to DTV and LEAN initiatives, supporting as well as bringing forward new ideas to drive value and efficiency and effectiveness in our Operations and packaging materials, components, and finished goods, as well as identify areas for simplification across packaging portfolio. Desired Qualifications
- Degree Packaging,Mechanical Engineering or related M.S. a plus
- Minimum - 2 years of work experience in Food/Berage or related consumer products company.
- Ability to work independently and lead planning, development, timing and dependencies, and execution for assigned projects.
- Experience and success in cross functional relationships within R&D as well as with Design agencies, Graphics, Marketing, Operations, Sourcing, Engineering, etc. to drive strong collaboration and results.
- Self starter, flexible, comfortable working in unstructured face-paced environment, able to manage multiple priorities effortlessly. Proven success working autonomously plus engaging and presenting ideas and/or facts.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Travel: 25%
- Working knowledge of packaging lab procedures. Experience with and use of related R&D disciplines such as sensory, process engineering and product development.
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientationor veteran status.We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.