Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.On-Premise Portfolio Manager - Houston
The following positionis open in Texas , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
- Opportunity to directly influence retailers
- Collaboration with other sales forces, distributors, and local communities in the trade
- Being part of the Edge initiative at Beam Suntory
- Collaborates cross functionally within Beam Suntory, Field Marketing, Category Management
Qualifications & Experience
- Serves as the key contact for Beam Suntory in assigned accounts driving awareness and velocity of Beam Suntory Brands. Forms effective relationships with influential Staff members including Bar Owners, Bartenders and Local community of Bartenders.
- Conducts regular visits from Weekly to Monthly depending on market demands of assigned accounts to ensure Core Brands positioning and optimal Activation of Key Programs and Initiatives.
- Works with commercial marketing to drive Brand education and training including Wait staff trainings/samplings targeted on core brands, drink pairing advisement, menu placement suggestions, and drink recipe ideas, training distributor staff in gold and silver accounts.
- Builds brands' visibility on-premise by hosting mass appeal social events (e.g. Happy Hours, tastings) and encouraging trial (e.g. promotional offers)
- Understands the Competitive Landscape and is always working to gain competitive advantage though creative menu placements and promotions.
- Stays current with trends by attending local marketing events and engaging with local trade groups (e.g. USBG)
- Leads the selection, placement, and replenishment of POS for assigned accounts to obtain maximum profitability, market share, and sales depletions.
- Ensure alignment with the distributor directly linked to the accounts covered. Is viewed as a credible resource on core brands and as a good negotiator with the distributor partner.
- Can anticipate trends and developments in the market and is able to derive and define comprehensive priorities for assigned area. Is able to envision potential risks or delays in defined plans and can make contingency plans to mitigate envisioned risks.
- Works with Local Commercial Operations Manager in understanding Menu Mentions, Program Effectiveness, and ROI.
- Manages Promotional Budget to Leverage Localized opportunities
- 2 - 5 years of experience in the alcoholic beverage industry - On-Trade or Distributor
- Experience with Influential Customers and/or Channel Management experience
- General sales experience
- Excellent communication skills
- General spirits connoisseur
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Available to periodically work nights and weekends
- Strong on-premise reputation
- Analytic capabilities
- Some off-premise experience preferred
- Effective Budget Management Capabilities
- A valid driver's license to drive a motor vehicle is required
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.