Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.On-Premise Portfolio Manager - AZ
The following positionis open in Arizona , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
- Opportunity to directly influences retailers
- Collaboration with other sales forces, distributors, and local communities in the trade
- Working with premium brands in high priority on-premise influential accounts including but not limited to luxury accounts
- Collaboratecross-functionally within Beam Suntory, Field Marketing, Category Management
Qualifications & Experience
- Serves as the primary contact for Beam Suntory in assigned accounts to effectively drive awareness and velocity of Beam Suntory brands. Must form and maintain effective relationships with influential staff members, including bar owners, bartenders, and the local community of Bartenders.
- Understands the competitive landscape and is always working to gain a competitive advantage through creative menu placements and promotions.
- Exhibit expertise and detailed knowledge of the Beam Suntory portfolio and broader priority categories
- Conducts regular visits (weekly to monthly) depending on market demands of assigned accounts to ensure Core Brand positioning and optimal activation of key programs and initiatives.
- Deliver industry-leading educational seminars in assigned accounts and with distributor partner(s), including waitstaff training/samplings targeted on core brands, drink pairing advisement, menu placement suggestions, and drink recipe ideas.
- Must be a passionate and charismatic presenter.
- Builds brands' visibility on-premise by hosting mass appeal social events (e.g. Happy Hours, tastings), encouraging trial (e.g. promotional offers), and assisting with large scale events/leveraging local PR
- Understands the competitive landscape and uses knowledge to gain competitive advantage through creative menu placements and promotions. Stays current with trends by attending local marketing events and engaging with local trade groups (e.g. USBG)
- Leads the selection, placement, and replenishment of POS for assigned accounts to obtain maximum profitability, market share, and sales depletions.
- Can anticipate trends and developments in the marketand isable to derive and define comprehensive priorities for assigned areas. Is able to envision potential risks or delays in defined plans and can make contingency plans to mitigate envisioned risks.
- Manages promotional budget to leverage localized opportunities
- 2 - 5 years of experience in the alcoholic beverage industry - On-Trade or Distributor
- Experience with Influential Customers and/or Channel Management experience
- General sales experience
- Excellent communication skills
- General spirits connoisseur
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Strong on-premise reputation
- Analytic capabilities
- Some off-premise experience preferred
- Effective Budget Management Capabilities
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.