Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Manager - Strategy & Corporate Development
The following positionis open in New York , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
This role supports the Strategy and Corporate Development team. The employee will help evaluate acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and start-ups in current and new business. You will work on key strategic initiatives, evaluate new corporate development opportunities aligned with the Company's strategic pillars and execution of those opportunities.Role Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Support our global M&A priorities as a member of a small team that influences long-term, company-wide investment initiatives.
- You will collaborate across the company to help assess and prioritize M&A transactions to best align with corporate strategy and growth objectives.
- You will support identifying opportunities for acquisitions and partnerships, including conducting financial and commercial assessments of various portfolio strategies and options.
- Support development of financial projections for M&A opportunities.
- You will perform detailed financial analysis; develop comprehensive pro-forma financial models, valuation analysis, and synergy models in support of potential transactions.
- Prepare high-quality presentation materials to senior leaders and decision makers.
- Participate in aspects of transaction execution including due diligence and financial valuation modeling, working closely with business teams, internal functional experts (e.g. legal, accounting, tax, etc.) and outside advisors to support execution.
- Support post-merger integration deliverables along with cross-functional teams
- 5-6 years' experience in M&A or corporate finance at an investment bank, management consulting firm or corporate development area of an organization. Strong quantitative and analytic skills. Advanced modeling skills to synthesize data into meaningful conclusions.
- Required deal execution and post-integration experience
- Strong project management skills including end-to-end deal execution and post-integration involvement with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Preferably experience in consumer goods industry
- Broad financial acumen including strong foundation in accounting and corporate finance principles.
- BA / BS with top-tier academic background.
- Comfortable performing in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Flexibility to manage projects across time zones and adapt certain approaches to different cultures. Strong communications skills and an ability to work with and influence a variety of different positions within an organization.
- A self-starter that can manage major activities front-to-back
- Skill-set does not require someone to be an "expert" in all potential related functions (i.e., strategy, finance, accounting, marketing, and operations), but to have had significant exposure to a variety of such functions to be able to come up the curve quickly when necessary.
- Some familiarity with the spirits industry or consumer goods companies in general is preferred but not required.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in business or economics.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.