Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Manager, Strategy
The following positionis open in New York , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
This is an outstanding opportunity to grow professionally in one of the leading Spirits companies in the world. By joining the Beam Suntory Strategy & Finance team, you will work on interesting and challenging strategic projects. You will join a global team with a rich history and be mentored by industry professionals. This role also presents opportunities for pursuing careers in the commercial business, marketing, and/or many other corporate roles. Role Responsibilities
Provide strategic and analytical support for the development and implementation of the strategies and strategic initiatives of the Brand Houses and other leadership teams to ensure that Beam Suntory achieves its ambitions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Work with cross functional teams to understand growth objectives and drivers, and deliver business and market insights
- Support in the development of cross-Brand House work, including: presentations to the ELT, Chairman and Board, Strategic Plans join-up, framing and setup for key planning milestones (long term strategic plans, performance reviews, etc.)
- Support project delivery and project management activities for strategic initiatives and projects, including: brand building, growth strategies, innovations, sustainability, etc.
- Analyze business needs and provide data-driven strategic recommendations
- Assess & monitor market and competitive trends to recommend business improvements and flag areas of potential risk that require mitigation
- Assist the Brand House MDs and leadership team in developing strategic plans
- Help drive the annual strategic planning process
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering, or related degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience - consulting experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - ability to extract, manipulate and analyze data
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Team player who is flexible and adaptable in their approach
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (candidate will develop and maintain key working relationships within the organization that cross over finance, strategy, and marketing, supply chain)
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively (verbally and in writing) in English
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Self-starter, curiosity, desire and ability to think beyond surface level, dive deeper into analysis and data
- CPG industry experience preferred
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.