Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Manager, On-Premise Channel Sales - West LA
The following positionis open in California , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
At Beam Suntory, while being an Entrepreneur, creating innovative solutions for our business to beat the competition, and to gain greater share, we drive our leaders to:
- Build winning teams and partnerships
- Think Strategically as an owner
- Promote and inspire engagement and a development culture
- Deliver impactful results
Manage Beam Suntory's Consumer Facing Team Southern Glazers On-Premise sales force to expand the distribution and promotional support of Beam Suntory products to achieve the sales and profit goals of the Company. Oversee that specific geographically on-premise business aligned with our distributor's regional vice president or district managers. Work with the Senior Manager and State Manager to develop the appropriate distributor's On-Premise targets and maintain follow-through.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead, manage, and mentor their specific geographical BSI On-Premise Consumer Facing Team to achieve increased on-premise distribution, key performance indicators, NSV, DGP, Big Bets, and On-Premise Growth goals of Beam Suntory products
- Manage and oversee their specific on-premise universe to achieve increased on-premise distribution, key performance indicators, NSV, DGP, Big Bets, and On-Premise Growth goals of Beam Suntory products
- Oversee and manage Field BI and T&E budgets associated with their On-Premise Business team
- Actively manage the presentation and execution of category plans, brand plans, promotions and new item introductions ensuring compliance with Brand Standards at all times.
- Develop new volume opportunities with BSI team and distributor teams to include placements/spec list improvements; menu promotions in key drinks; signature drink promotions and premium wells.
- Set goals with BSI team and distributors to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual on-premise targets.
- Work with distributor sales forces to monitor progress and ensure goals are achieved.
- Manage and call on a designated number of key on-premise accounts with sole responsibility for expanding distribution/volume on priority brands/sizes.
- Successfully launch all new on-premise products, achieving volume and distributions KPI's as set out by corporate management.
- Successfully manage the execution of on-premise events and use division or company sponsored tracking and execution recaps as provided and submit to analyst.
- Provide monthly sales training and communication, to distributor sales force in areas of brand trend awareness and sales technique.
- Work with team to provide wait staff training at key accounts.
- Ensure all efforts and sales involvement is in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Manage on premise allocations and manage all Beam Suntory on-premise POS with distributors.
This position will include supervising a team. Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualifications & Experience Education/Experience
- Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Leadership and managerial skills to help guide and mentor team to drive accountability within distributor merchandising team
- Ensure team delivers all their accounting deadlines and adheres to T&E and marketing budgets
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, mid-year, and end-of-year assessments by evaluating learned skills and opportunities for growth/development areas
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in spirits industry or distributor
- Prior People management experience is required
- Prior experience managing distributor or supplier is required
- Prior experience in working with Food & Beverage Directors preferred
- Prior Sales experience, including selling promotion and marketing programs
- Creative Thinker and good event planner
- Self-motivation, analytical abilities, and entrepreneurial mindset
- People Management, motivational skills, and mentorship ability
- Exceptional business planning and self-management skills
- Deep knowledge of distribution, promotion, and selling techniques
- Proficient of Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess a valid driver's license of motor vehicles
- Ability to sit for prolonged period(s) of time and view computer screen
- Ability to frequently travel within and outside the market
- Ability to travel 25% of time
- Ability to operate motor vehicle
- Ability to transfer heavy POS and alcohol cases
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- SGWS Compass, SWGS SalesNav, SGWS Diver, SGWS Proof
- Tableau, Nielsen, and IRI
- The BAR (BSI)
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.