Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Manager IT - Websites and ExperiencesWhat makes this a great opportunity?
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into one of the world's leading premium spirits companies... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with a legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.
* The position can be based eitherin Chicago or New York City
Join a diverse, talented, and growing team at Beam Suntory. Digital is a key priority area and big focus to enable driving consumer engagement, market expansion and value creation across channels. This position will be part of Global IT team and will sit at a crucial juncture and take a leadership role to drive exceptional experiences though web channel. The role will work very closely with cross functional team consisting of Digital Marketing, eCommerce, Brands, Enterprise Architecture and Digital Technologies teams to plan and execute the projects.
This role will ensure that the teams are delivering websites & experiences with consumer in mind. Ensure UX and UI design is at the forefront of design, while ensuring compliance requirements are fully met. Manage content applications to ensure policies are followed, working closely with the brand teams and Enterprise Information Management to ensure applications meet latest requirements for global needs. Manage demand using the agile method, including training key stakeholders to operate using the same method. Daily stands up, cross functional collaboration and driving towards a common goal. Leading a team to ensure demand is met and meeting objectives of the brand, digital marketing, and local markets.
- Shaping the future on how we engage with our consumers
- Beam Suntory is a leader in the spirits industry with a track record of profitability and growth
- Global opportunity to help shape the Marketing & eCommerce Technology initiatives vision into action.
- Growth potential beyond this role
- Learning ability and adaptability is key
- Lead a team to deliver against the Digital Marketing, regional brands and local markets roadmap. Delivering projects through an agile methodology, working closely with various internal and external stakeholders to establish project plans, risk management plans, project milestones and deliverables using agile framework and principles.
- Work closely with the business users to obtain and document all the user stories/business requirements, identify areas for digitalization, and then assist in prioritizing delivery of solutions
- Manage team members objectives, reviews, and team culture.
- Manage project budgets, operational budgets as well as any external resources. Ensure all project delivery is following the PMO methodology including Enterprise Architecture procedures.
- Drive delivery of solutions leveraging offshore team (close coordination needed with global architect and offshore teams)
- Drive the adoption and rollout of agile design including continuous integration and release management.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ensure teams are managing the solutions backlog and inventory, continuously reprioritizing as necessary. Provide guidance and direction to ensure effective and continuous delivery with excellence. Drive consistency of delivery across geographies and services while ensuring the delivery is within our technology stack.
- Effectively manage program governance, including project methodology, financial management, testing, deployment and change management. Working with cross functional team in IT and with the stakeholders to plan and execute effectively.
- Experience driving multiple complex technology/business initiatives across various domains and markets. Superior ability to work with business and technology stakeholders across all levels internally and externally.
- Strong project management & communication skills. Proven experience in planning, risk management, problem resolution.
- Superb written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical contributors and between the project team and senior leadership
- Entrepreneur: Drive innovative opportunities with his/her business partners to enable education, awareness & engagement for advancing our Marketing vision into action through digital capabilities and tools.
- Identify business needs, problems or opportunities, define the nature of the solution that meets the need and justify the investment necessary to deliver the solution
- Relationship Management / IT partner: Play a key role in collaborating with and influencing key stakeholders - including senior leaders and executives. Participates in Global Marketing IT roadmap/capabilities/solutions/project portfolio. Facilitate communication between stakeholders in aligning the needs of the business with capabilities delivered by IT
- Solution Delivery: Works closely with IT delivery teams including 3rd party partners to deliver solutions per the requirements. May serves as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Quality: Coordinate testing and quality deployment with the QA teams to ensure quality products are deployed to production.
- Security & Compliance: Apply security/legal/compliance requirements to all of our products and projects we deploy, follow security legal and data protection privacy policies.
- Governance: Manage the team to ensure that IT PMO governance standards are followed.
- Architectural design: Follow BSI technology stack standards
- Perform other work-related duties
- At least 7 years of experience in Global technology implementations; last 3-4 years in the Digital Technology including website design and implementation
- Experience supporting cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely delivery of solutions.
- Experience working with offshore engineering teams required (India specifically)
- Experience in working with digital projects using an agile project management framework
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of digital marketing tactics including SEO, A/B testing, CRO, localization, and data modeling
- Expert proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and other web analytics and tracking platforms
- Experience working with multiple CMS platforms like Drupal and managing global web properties
- Ability to build relationships and trust with a variety of business partners quickly; excellent verbal and written communication skills; capacity to multi-task and provide effective follow up; sense of urgency to drive results and deadlines in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, including user story creation, backlog prioritization, coordination with scrum teams and UAT is required.
- Domestic and international travel may be required
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.