Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Manager - Global Consumer Insights -Portfolio, Capability and ForesightWhat makes this a great opportunity?
This individual has the opportunity to play a critical role in shaping future growth opportunities for Beam Suntory. They will work across highly attractive and growing categories supporting growth on some of the industry's most sought-after brands. They will build a strong network across the organization, from insights to marketing to sales, and work closely together with cross-functional counterparts globally. The role provides the opportunity to make a big impact within a short period of time.Role Responsibilities
The Manager, Consumer Insights will be responsible for supporting BSI's foresight/futures program, portfolio-based initiatives and global insights capability.This individual will assist in building BSI's near-term and long-term strategies by developing empathy for all consumers around their stated and unstated needs.This individual should have a passion for understandingpeople, how they behave, and "what makes them tick."Theyshould be able to quickly synthesize data, identify trends, and draw conclusions from disparate data sources to develop and communicate actionable and strategic insights.This individual should be skilled in identification of emerging market trends from analysis of demographic, psychographic, and economic indicators used to uncover areas for future growth. This individualis passionate about looking into the future and generating new customer-centric ideas for product and marketing innovation.This individual will be well-versed in a range of market research methodologies - including how to appropriately scope, design, execute and summarize research at a global level and will be comfortable with tackling large and ambiguous business questions. They will successfully work cross-culturally and can effectively collaborate with their peers across key countries. They will also be comfortable with the rapidly changing research world and have extensive experience with digital tools.
Qualifications & Experience
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and creative insight, coupled with a drive for actionable, tangible results
- Works effectively with a cross functional team, agency and suppliers
- High level of accountability, flexibility and self-direction to work autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - experienced and comfortable communicating with executive-level management
- Team player with ability to work well in a fast paced, unstructured entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable, works well in an environment of change
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Successfully influence cross-functional team members and high levels of the organization, even with limited authority
- Lead qualitative and quantitative custom research projects throughout all stages including design, execution, analysis and recommendation
- Experience with range of research methodologies
- Resourceful and fiscally-minded to leverage previous custom research and other internal resources to inform POV on brand strategy and guide business decisions
- Experience with syndicated sources (e.g. Nielsen, IRI, Panel data, MRI etc.) and ability to generate category or brand insights and to form recommendations
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to draw conclusions and extract meaningful insights from data
- Can connect project work to the right internal audiences; identify new audiences; and builds key relationships enabling the team to become a trusted partner to a variety of global stakeholders
- Relevant Bachelor's degree required - Master's degree a plus
- 6+ years proven experience in Consumer Insights/Marketing Research, Account Planning, Innovation, Foresight, Design Thinking, and/or Futurecasting
- Solid understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and suppliers with a broad range of research techniques
- Experience leading custom research across a variety of methodologies and business applications
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.