Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Maker's Mark Diplomat - Ohio
The following positionis open in Ohio , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
Are you passionate about bourbon? Dynamic and personable (yet humble and approachable)? Only satisfied with excellence in all things and like to be entrepreneurial? The Maker's Mark Diplomat role is exactly this.
The story of Maker's Mark began when our founder, Bill Samuels, Sr., resolved to create a full-flavored yet easy-to-drink bourbon that he'd enjoy sharing with friends. And ever since then, we've been doing just that, even as our friends' number in the millions and our audience has grown from the Commonwealth of Kentucky to the entire world.
Maker's Mark, America's premium handmade bourbon, continues its uninterrupted 60-year growth trajectory. And we are looking for someone special to serve as our Distillery Diplomat inOhio. Role Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Face of the Brand : Bring the distillery experience to Ohio by embodying our brand values and fostering brand love within the community
- Engaging Educator : Public speaking and presentation skills are used to recruit and engage brand fans, as well as reinforce brand affinity with internal teams
- Entrepreneurial Spirit : Independently identify opportunities across customers, trade, and consumers and build solutions rooted in brand DNA and tailored for market needs
- Local Partnerships : Gain third-party recommendation through key account relationship and program development across influential Off-Premise and On-Premise partners
- Private Barrel Management : Manage market allocation of Maker's Mark Private Selection barrels and lead personalized recipe development initiatives with key customers
- Know Your Numbers : Oversee Diplomat market budget to ensure effective spend against brand building priorities and track Maker's Mark business results within market remit
- Collaborative Sales Partner : Drive trust and belief by collaborating with sales and distributor stakeholders to meet commercial objectives
- Location : Role is field-based and primarily based in Columbus, OH with primary focus in Columbus, Cleveland & Cincinnati with additional travel approx. ~20% of time, primarily to Kentucky for barrel selections and meetings (when travel is permitted again)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Professional individual with at least 5 years' experience in related field with hospitality, sales, or education background, 3+ years of experience within the alcohol industry preferred
- A strong sense of the On-Premise and Off-Premise retail landscape and knowledge of the three-tier system in Ohio
- Genuine passion for Whisk(e)y, with extensive spirits knowledge and deep understanding of the alcohol industry within Ohio
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Proficient in budget management and performance analysis
- Passionate, competitive, and naturally curious
- Reliable transportation required
While performing the essential functions of this job, daily physical activities may include, but aren't limited to:
- Lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling of up to 45 lbs.
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, stopping and typing using a computer
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.