Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
The following positionis open in Frankfort, KY. -Maintenance Supervisor -3rd shiftWhat makes this a great opportunity?
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into one of the world's leading premium spirits companies where each employee is trusted with a legacy. With our greatest assets-our brands and our people- we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit. Role Responsibilities JOB TITLE:
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR POSITION MISSION:
Contributes to the success of Frankfort maintenance operations by working with the maintenance team to supervise mechanics and specialists work planning and adherence to the maintenance plan, supervises outside service contractor activities, assists in managing facilities spare parts inventory, and provides backfill coverage for management relief in the Maintenance & Engineering Department. REPORTING STRUCTURE:
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Indirectly: Senior Engineering Manager ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: Senior Engineering Manager, Reliability Engineer, Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Planner, Storeroom Supervisor, Project Engineer, Controls & Electrical Engineer, Operations Manager, Plant Area Supervisors and employees, E.H.&S, H.R., and Quality Assurance
External: Outside service contractors - Both Capex & Non-Capex related, Material Suppliers (indirect), Maintenance and Environmental Waste SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage and supervise daily ongoing facilities & bottling specialist activities across the Frankfort sites:
- Areas of responsibility include all bottling, & packaging equipment, case palletizing, liquid handling, and plant infrastructure equipment - Including but not limited to bottle handling & case handling equipment, plant steam boilers, vacuum system, air compressors, processed water and hot water production, bulk processing transfer & transportation systems, and all other bottling support equipment.
- Works with maintenance planner to coordinate & plan all maintenance activities including emergency non-routine breakdowns as well as scheduled routine/cyclical PMs.
- Provides all necessary permits for safe work (hot work, confined space)
- Coordinates and maintains adequate training records for all facilities employees (forklift, scissor lift, confined space & hot work certifications)
- Manage and supervise ongoing contracted services PMs across all Frankfort sites. This includes coordination with internal Beam Suntory personnel where applicable.
- Areas include but are not limited to bottling and/or processing large machine overhauls & rebuilds.
- Ensures all contractors are current on safety training and adhering to site safety rules
Other duties as assigned Qualifications & Experience EDUCATION/SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Coordinates with the maintenance manager to ensure adequate adherence to the budget
- Works with storeroom supervisor and department supervisors to ensure critical spares are kept for associated equipment
- Uses SAP to prepare Purchase Requisitions for necessary indirect materials
- Works with reliability engineers to develop standard operating procedures for maintenance tasks
- Regularly audits PMs to ensure adequate capacity planning
- Assists in management of small CAPEX projects for the engineering team
- Provides coverage relief to Maintenance Supervisor, Reliability Engineer & Maintenance Planner as needed
- Minimum of 3 years experienceof supervisor experiencerequired
- Previous manufacturing experience required
- Vocational or engineering degreeprefered but experience can be subsituted for education
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Computer literate - preference to SAP, Microsoft Excel
- Strong technical knowledge in maintenance crafts, possesses mechanical inclination, understanding tools, various equipment
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Union environment exposure
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Preference given to proven leadership experience
** Compliance with standard operating procedures, legal and other requirements including health and safety, fire protection, environmental, quality, security and continuous improvement programs is a requirement of the job.
- In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.